Check your Marriott Rewards account promotion central. Marriott has sent out new targeted offers for a summer promotion Getaway Bonus. My offer is double points for up to 25,000 bonus points. That works out to 10 bonus points per dollar in hotel spend, on up to $2,500 in hotel spend. As if this were much incentive, the bonus points do not even kick in until the second stay. Marriott just posted higher than expected profits for 2014 Q1 and they are too stingy to give double points on the first stay?
There are some members reporting other offers with more points based on nights like 25,000 points after 15 nights. You can read about other offers in this FlyerTalk thread discussing the Marriott Getaway Bonus promotion.
In general, Marriott joins Club Carlson, Hilton and Starwood chains this summer in rewarding bonus points based on your hotel spend. Hyatt has only announced triple miles with select airlines. This is a decent offer for a business traveler not paying out-of-pocket, but not too exciting for a leisure traveler seeking a good hotel spend rebate.
Terms and Conditions
Marriott Rewards® Getaway Bonus
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by July 31, 2014 will earn double points after the second paid stay – up to 25,000 bonus points for stays made between June 1 and August 31, 2014, at participating Marriott properties.
- The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club and Moxy Hotels.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit www.marriottrewards.com/GetawayBonus, www.marriottrewards.com/customer-service, or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) for complete details.
Sitting in Marriott Charleston thinking the month of May is bonus pointless for Marriott stays.
I am sitting in a room at the Marriott Charleston South Carolina writing this and thinking I will get 1,332 points from this $110 room night. It works out to be about a 5% rebate value in points. Hotels.com would be a 10% value.
At least I am only paying $126 for the room night after tax for one night at the Marriott Charleston South Carolina. Marriott was asking $261 for the room I booked and reduced the rate to $110 based on my best rate guarantee claim against a $147 room rate from getaroom.com.
Double points will not be incentive for more Marriott stays. Hopefully September will bring back MegaBonus two stays for one free night certificate. Ironic, that nearly all the global hotel companies posted higher than expected profits, primarily based on the strength of their earnings in USA hotels, yet the promotions are relatively weak this summer.
I guess there will be even better earnings posted for Q2 and Q3 2014.
Summer 2014 Hotel Loyalty Promotions
Club Carlson 3x points Country Inns & Suites June 1-August 31, 2014
Club Carlson Asia-Pacific Hotels 2x/3x points April 28-August 31, 2014
Hilton HHonors 2x points (575 hotels in USA not participating) May 1-July 31
Hyatt Gold Passport 3x Miles with 8 airlines May 1-August 31, 2014
Hyatt Gold Passport 5,000 points after 3 stays (targeted offer with several variations) May 1 – July 31, 2014
Marriott Rewards 2x points June 1-August 31, 2014
Starwood Preferred Guest 2x points or 3x points with Sunday night (lots of hotels opted out) May 1-July 31, 2014.
Wyndham Rewards Earn 8,000 bonus points on 2nd, 3rd and 4th stay from April 1 – June 30, 2014.