Three reasons why this 35% off room rates is a great offer to book room nights.
- The 35% rate is a real discount on room rates.
- Most hotels allow day before or day of arrival cancellation with no penalty.
- 35% off sale dates overlap with current Club Carlson promotion for 38,000 bonus points after 3 nights for stays through April 13, 2014.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has an offer for 35% off regular rates on 2-night stays booked by March 10 for stays from March 21 to May 31, 2014. This offer is only for hotels in the Americas at Radisson Blu, Radisson, Country Inn and Park Inn brands.
The best feature of these rates is most hotels allow cancellation with no penalty up to day before arrival.
This can be a good rate discount for a 2-night or 4-night hotel stay for stays overlapping Club Carlson’s promotion through April 13, 2014 to earn 38,000 bonus points after three hotel nights.
Three nights do not need to be consecutive for the 38,000 bonus points promotion, and you can knock out two of three nights at a good discount rate with this current sale. Or book two 2-night stays and earn the 38,000 bonus points on four discount rate hotel nights.
35% off links
- Radisson Blu – only 3 hotels in AMericas with Chicago Aqua not participating.
- Country Inn & Suites
- Park Inn
This may be the last hurrah for the Club Carlson member online booking bonus.
I am booking a 2-night stay for a California Radisson hotel at $160 after tax with this sale. I assume I can find another night between now and April 13 at a Carlson Rezidor hotel for $80 all-in. After booking this room, I received and applied for a Nor-1 eStandby upgrade offer at $24 per night to upgrade to a one-bedroom suite. This is one upsell offer I decided to try.
Hotel Spend = $225 (room rate only, before tax) for three nights.
Club Carlson points earned:
- 225 x 20 = 4,500 points
- Gold elite bonus = 2,250 points
- online booking bonus = 4,000 points (two reservations 2 x 2,000 points as Gold elite made before March 15, 2014)
- 38,000 bonus points from stay 3, one free promotion.
48,750 points for $250 after tax spend.
This means I pay for three hotel nights and the points earned are worth as much as the cost for the three nights.
This is one discount sale I am ready to book.
$64.35 for Country Inn & Suites, Orlando Universal April 1-3, 2014.
Cancel with no penalty up to 48 hours before arrival on March 30.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.