Kimpton Hotels has had a secret password seasonal promotion since 2011 offering a special amenity for guests who mention the password at check-in. This offer is primarily a winter and summer deal.
The current password is Sugar Plum for hotel stays through February 28, 2014.
So what does saying Sugar Plum get you?
Here are some of the amenities guests mentioned receiving this winter season during their Kimpton Hotel stays on this FlyerTalk thread.
- Free Upgrade at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia.
- Free parking at Alexis Hotel Seattle.
- $25 per day restaurant credit at Hotel Palomar Phoenix.
- Wine and box of chocolates at Vintage Park Portland.
- Free breakfast at Hotel Monaco Portland.
- Free continental breakfast at Ink48 New York.
- Four free drinks at 70 Park Avenue New York.
- $25 credit at Epic Hotel Miami.
- Free valet parking Hotel Marlowe Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Junior Suite upgrade at Hotel Monaco San Francisco.
- Other reports mention offers for a choice of amenity, bottle of wine or champagne, free movie, chocolate, pick a prize offer from a bag or spin the wheel for a prize.
Secret password Sugar Plum is valid for stays through February 28, 2012. Originally this was designed as a promotion for winter and summer season, so no guarantee there will be a new password next month. I’ll be checking and please leave a comment if you learn the new password for March stays.
All in all, a pleasant offer from Kimpton Hotels if you know what to say at check-in. Certainly a better guarantee than the $20 trick.