Hyatt Place makes it debut in the Netherlands with its now open property at Amsterdam Airport. The hotel has 330 rooms and a free shuttle from Schiphol Airport to the hotel.
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport is located in Hoofddorp which is the opposite side of the airport from downtown Amsterdam.
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport is a category 3 hotel reward at 12,000 points per night or 6,000 points + $75 for a Points + Cash reward.
Sample rate for Monday, February 17 is 149 EUR + 9 EUR tax or $213 USD. That kind of rate makes a Points + Cash reward look like a good deal.
The new Hyatt Place hotel offers:
· 330 spacious rooms with the plush Hyatt bed, a 42″ flat screen, iPod dock and spacious bathroom
· Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
· Free hot breakfast for guests served daily in The Gallery
· Full-service restaurant serving lunch and dinner
· 24/7 Gallery Market offering take away snacks, salads, sandwiches and beverages
· Free public computers with Internet access and remote printing in the Gallery
· Flexible meeting facilities cover a total of 367 square meters and additional wide pre-function area
· A complimentary airport shuttle ensures accessibility
Andaz Amsterdam, in the heart of the canal ring center of the city, is one of the newer hotels in Amsterdam created from a remodel of the former public library building on the Prinsengracht. Andaz Amsterdam is a category 5 hotel at 20,000 points per night.
With Amsterdam being a 24/7 city, my one stay in Hoofddorp at a Marriott Courtyard many years ago was my last stay in Hoofddorp. The location is fine for an overnight, but not a good location for a tourist without a car visiting the city since you will likely be spending two hours on transit to go roundtrip between the shuttle to the airport, train to Amsterdam Centraal and then a tram or bus to your city destination if you want to get somewhere without walking.
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport is accessible from the airport without even going outside. Hilton Amsterdam Airport is a short walk. These properties are good hotels I used several times, but they tend to be pricey.
Hyatt Place properties expanding around Europe will be great for Hyatt Gold Passport members since most of the existing Hyatt hotels in Europe are in the upper upscale and luxury market.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.