Marriott MegaBonus promotion has started to show up in members’ accounts today. The promotion runs February 1 to April 30, 2014. Registration required by March 31, 2014.
The bad news for me is my offer dropped to one free night at Category 1-4 hotels after two stays. Limit of two free night certificates.
This is a downgrade since I had an offer of two category 1-5 certificates on the last two MegaBonus offers. And I have stayed more nights with Marriott in 2013 than ever before.
Here are the offers posted so far on FlyerTalk.
- Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 2,000 after each additional paid night, up to 55,000 points.
- Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 points.
- Earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights.
- Earn a free night at a category 1-4 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights. (Many members including me report this offer after having category 1-5 certificate offers the last two MegaBonus promotions.)
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 points.
Excuse me, but I am not feeling the love with a category 1-4 offer.
I was hoping to have another set of category 5 free nights for an extended hotel stay at a category 5 property summer 2014.
Update December 19 – read comments to see what happened after I tweeted my disappointment with the category 1-4 offer and then spoke to Marriott Rewards customer service.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.