MilePoint travel forums has a limited time offer for a Premium membership at $49.95 offering a list of travel benefits including:
- HHonors Gold elite status for the next 16 months or so through early 2015.
- Hyatt gift cards at 10% discount, up to $5,000 worth of cards.
- 1,000 United Airlines Mileage Plus miles.
These benefits alone are worth well over $50 to me.
This is a limited time offer that will likely sell out. Don’t delay if you think these benefits will be worth $50 to you.
Is this MilePoint spam?
Many of the BoardingArea bloggers have written about this offer today. Readers might think this is a coordinated effort to promote MilePoint. It is not a coordinated marketing campaign for MilePoint.
This MilePoint Premium membership offer is a deal I only learned about this morning when I turned on my computer and checked BoardingArea. For me the HHonors Gold elite status, United miles and Hyatt gift card discount are my primary reasons for signing up.
I don’t even know if I will use any of the other benefits.
Readers who do not already subscribe to InsideFlyer.com will likely find some useful information there on the miles and points world. I write a Loyalty Traveler column for InsideFlyer.
Premium Membership | P2
Take advantage of this Premium Membership Special Offer! Purchase today and enjoy the following benefits and privileges:
- 1,000 United MileagePlus miles
- Gold Elite status with Hilton HHonors
- One year of ad-free viewing on Milepoint.com
- Free 1-year subscription to InsideFlyer.com or 50% discount for print edition of InsideFlyer magazine
- Free upgrade to PointsHound Level 2 Status through 2014 and a 1,000 mile or point bonus on first booking
- Free Upgrade to UsingMiles Premier membership
- Free Gold membership at WorldMate
- Free upgrade to National Car Rental Emerald Club Executive Status
- Free upgrade to AwardWallet Plus account
- Buy-One-Get-One-Free Trip Pass for Award Nexus
- One day free parking at The Parking Spot
- 25% discount on “Frequent Flyer Master” e-book
- 25% discount at LoJack for Laptops
- 20% discount at SCOTTEVEST
- 20% discount on ExpertFlyer.com yearly premium service
- 15% discount to Luggage Forward
- 10% discount off all Hyatt Hotel Gift Card purchases
- 10% discount on KVS Tool
- These special Milepoint Premium Memberships are limited, so purchase yours today to lock in these benefits. Each offer is valid for one (1) year from date of purchase, unless otherwise specified.
- Please allow 8-12 weeks for miles, points and/or status to appear in your accounts.
- No refunds. Ten (10) cents of every dollar will go toward supporting Milepoint charities-of-choice.
Some comments on other blogs have stated this offer is not worth as much as last year’s offer. I did not pay attention to last year’s offer so my viewpoint is not skewed by the past. I am looking at the value of this year’s offer.
1,000 United Plus miles.
I flew United Airlines this past week. They wanted to sell me miles at check in at $30 per 1,000 miles. The 1,000 miles will certainly be worth at least $12 for me when I redeem an award ticket.
HHonors Gold Elite through February 2015.
There are other ways to secure HHonors Gold elite by fast-track through four stays or being an HHonors credit card holder. I am currently HHonors Silver elite, so I desire the upgrade benefit to apply to my next stay at a Hilton brand hotel.
- ELITE TIER BONUS: As a Gold HHonors member, earn a 25% bonus on all Base Points.
- Complimentary In-Room, High-Speed Internet Access during stays
- Complimentary Access to Fitness Centers/Health Clubs7
- Choice of complimentary breakfast or bonus points (250 to 1,000 points per stay at most brands).
- Quick Reservations & Check-In based on room preferences
- Late Checkout5
- Express Checkout
- Spouse Stays Free6
- Complimentary Access to Fitness Centers/Health Clubs7
- 2 Complimentary Bottles of Water per stay (Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®)
- eCheck-in: Select your room and check in 24 hours in advance at participating properties
HHonors Citi Reserve Visa has the benefit of HHonors Gold elite while you are a cardmember. American Express HHonors Surpass gives Gold elite for one year. Loyalty Traveler note: These are generic credit card pages and not credit card affiliate links for Loyalty Traveler or anyone else.
I don’t want more credit cards and I do not have either of these credit cards. I don’t want to stay four times at Hilton brand hotels with no elite status to earn a fast-track to HHonors Gold.
For me paying $49 for HHonors Gold is a great benefit that will likely pay back after two Hilton stays with free breakfast and internet over the next 16 months. Perhaps I can even get a room upgrade out of HHonors Gold status.
10% Discount on Hyatt Gift Cards
Hyatt Gift cards is a benefit I can likely use for at least $500 worth of cards which will rebate my $50 MilePoint payment. The Hyatt Gift Card is useful for an additional 10% discount on AAA rates that I normally book with Hyatt.
Hyatt Gift Cards Terms & Conditions
This card can be applied toward eligible purchases at participating Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean. Locations are subject to change without notice and acceptance varies by property. Not valid for casino charges, deposit or payment for group/meeting/catering functions, advance purchased packages or at concessions within the hotel not owned or operated by Hyatt. Purchases will be reduced by the value remaining on the card. In Canada, purchases will be reduced by converting the USD value of the card into local currency. If a transaction exceeds the card’s available balance, the user must pay the difference. The card must be presented at the time of purchase. The card is not replaceable if lost, destroyed, stolen, and may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash except where required by law. No change will be returned from this card except where required by law. Value from an active card is not transferable to another card. Card value/ balance does not expire. This card is a prepaid, stored value card, and not a credit card. Terms are void where prohibited by law. Terms and Conditions of the card are governed by the laws of the state of Maryland, USA without regard to its choice of law provisions. Certificate is void if sold for cash or other consideration Hyatt Hotels and Resorts encompasses hotels and resorts managed, franchised, or operated by two separate groups of companies – Hyatt Corporation and it affiliates and affiliates of Hyatt International Corp. ©2011 Hyatt Fulfillment of Maryland, Inc.
MilePoint Premium Membership FAQ
There are a list of details in the FAQ for this MilePoint Premium offer. Here are the ones I think are most useful to know.
How/when will I receive specific discount code information for each benefit?
Within a few minutes of purchasing an upgrade to Milepoint Premium Membership [P2] you will receive a private Conversation to your Milepoint member account. Look for it to contain a complete listing of your benefits and applicable discount codes. Please be aware that in many cases you will be receiving a unique code that cannot be reused.
When do the benefits expire?
As a package, you have access to the benefits for one year from your enrollment date. Some partners may have restrictions on when you can claim the benefit but otherwise, good throughout your year of membership except where otherwise stated.
I’m already a Gold elite status member with Hilton. Is there any other benefit because I already have that benefit?
No there is not. In working with 18 benefit partners it would be problematic to try and piece together all the various nuances of existing memberships of our members and by keeping things simple to the original offer of Premium Membership, our partners have said they will continue to support the program. As with any of our benefits, some will be of use to a member and others will not, but hopefully the value of those benefits used makes for a great investment for you.
Can I hold off on claiming the Hilton benefit until my current Hilton status expires?
While you are welcome to delay your claim to ensure you receive Hilton Gold elite status, the sooner you do so the sooner you can enjoy the Gold elite status benefits. Regardless of when you claim that benefit it is only valid until February 2015.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out my page of collated current hotel promotions.