Starwood has a 10% discount rate available for bookings made by August 23 for stays completed by September 29, 2013. This is a prepaid, nonrefundable rate. I think this offer was a waste of my time and hopefully this post will save your time.
After searching several Starwood hotels through these links on the promotion page I found some interesting data points.
Every hotel I checked had this same message and I checked at least a dozen hotels around the USA and Canada:
“Special Rate: DAILY10 is not available for your dates.”
Yet, my searches returned rates stating “Save 10% Prepaid Rate.”
Four Points Savannah, Georgia at $112.50 is actually a 22% discount on the Best Flexible Rate of $145 per night and lower than the $128.25 AAA rate for the same room. And for $131.50 AAA rate, an additional $3.25 per night, breakfast is included at this hotel.
Let me be clear this was the only hotel where I found a lower prepaid, nonrefundable rate with the 10% discount after more than a dozen rate checks, however, it is unclear if this is even the Daily10 rate. Every hotel I checked stated the Daily10 rate was not available.
Element Denver Park Meadows is more typical of what I found in rate searches and the best rate is AAA rate with flexible cancellation rather than prepaid and nonrefundable rates with no changes allowed.
There are two prepaid rates shown here. The “Non-Refundable Rate” is fully prepaid at time of booking and 100% nonrefundable for this three day booking.
The “Prepaid Rate” charges one night penalty for cancellation of the 3-day stay. There is a $5 added room rate for this privilege.
AAA beats both these prepaid discount rates with a lower rate and day of arrival cancellation with no penalty.
AAA offers no cancellation penalty up to day of arrival for a lower rate than the prepaid rates at the Element Denver Park Meadow.
Bottom line is this Starwood Hotels promotion hardly seems to be a sale at all. At least I could not find any savings through the DAILY10 Starwood Hotels promotion page, except for Four Points Savannah, Georgia.
I hate promotions like this Starwood Hotels DAILY10 that waste my time searching for value only to find very few money-saving rates with the offer.
Please leave a comment if you find some value rates with this limited time offer Starwood Hotels sale for Aloft, Element and Four Points brands.
- Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts, please see participating property list.
- Offer is valid for stays booked between August 13, 2013 and August 23, 2013 and completed between August 13, 2013 and September 29, 2013.
- Advance purchase required. Credit card will be charged at time of booking. Reservations cannot be changed, are pre-paid and non-refundable; if cancellation takes place, guests forfeit total room charge plus tax.
- An eligible stay is defined as 1 or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check in or check outs that occur.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups.
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.