Marriott Rewards MegaMiles 2013 launches soon earning double miles beginning with the second hotel stay. Marriott Rewards members must set earning preference to miles instead of points to register for this offer.
Marriott MegaMiles MM13 registration. Must register by April 30.
Double miles is a scaled back version of MegaMiles compared to the offers in 2012. Last year Marriott MegaMiles spring promotion earned 2,000 miles per stay, up to 50,000 miles. In fall 2012 MegaMiles was triple miles.
Marriott MegaBonus offers one free night certificate for a Category 1-4 hotel for every two stays, up to three free nights during this same timeframe. The free night offer looks like the better bonus to me.
This link shows the Marriott Rewards earning rate for specific airlines and Marriott hotel brands.
35 Marriott Rewards Airline Partners
(MegaMiles T&C do not list any airline partner exclusions)
- Aeroflot Bonus
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Aeroplan (Air Canada)
- Air Berlin TopBonus
- Air China PhoenixMiles
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- Alitalia MilleMiglia
- ANA Mileage Club
- Asiana Airlines Asiana Club
- Avianca-TACA LifeMiles
- British Airways Executive Club
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- China Eastern Airlines Eastern Miles
- China Southern Airlines Sky Pearl Club
- Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
- Emirates Airlines Skywards
- Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- JAL Mileage Bank
- JetBlue Airways TrueBlue
- Jet Privilege
- Kingfisher Airlines King Club
- LAN Airlines LanPass
- Lufthansa/Miles & More
- QantasFrequent Flyer
- Qatar Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- TAP Air Portugal Victoria
- US Airways Dividend Miles
- United Airlines Mileage Plus
- Virgin America Elevate
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Miles are earned on all qualifying charges at:
- JW Marriott®,
- Autograph Collection®,
- Renaissance® Hotels,
- Marriott® Hotels & Resorts,
- Marriott Vacation Club® brands
Miles at these main brands of Marriott, Renaissance and Autograph Collection are earned based on qualifying charges that are charged to the hotel room: Room Rate, meals, beverages, phone calls, movies, purchases at a Marriott-operated Gift Shop.
Miles earned on room rate only at most Marriott Rewards brands:
- Gaylord Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton
- AC Hotels by Marriott
- Courtyard by Marriott®,
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®,
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott®,
- Residence Inn by Marriott®
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott® brands.
Two miles per US$1 is base earning rate with most airlines for hotel stays at:
- JW Marriott®
- Autograph Collection®
- Renaissance® Hotels
- Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
- Marriott Vacation Club®
- The Ritz-Carlton® (room rate only)
- EDITION (room rate only)
- Gaylord Hotels (room rate only)
One mile per US$1 is base earning rate on room rate only with most airlines for hotel stays at:
- Courtyard by Marriott®
- AC Hotels by Marriott®
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
- Residence Inn by Marriott®
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
- Marriott Executive Apartments®
Non-qualifying charges are: taxes, paid outs, gift certificate redemption/gift card purchases, banquet, catering and group charges.
Terms and Conditions
- Earning period is February 1 – April 30, 2013.
- Enrollment and registration with Marriott Rewards® is required to be eligible for this promotion.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points are not eligible for this promotion.
- This Marriott Rewards promotional offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and MVC owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Base miles will be earned for each paid stay, PLUS earn double miles every paid stay, beginning with the second stay.
- Marriott Rewards base mileage earned for qualifying charges is calculated based on the airline loyalty program’s “currency” (points or miles).
- To review base mileage calculations, click here.
- For participating airline partners whose earning currency is in kilometers, bonus miles earned will be converted into kilometers at a conversion rate of 1.6 prior to posting to member’s preferred airline account.
- Miles earned on all qualifying charges at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club® brands; and on room rate only at EDITION®, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott® and TownePlace Suites by Marriott® brands.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- Miles are earned based on qualifying charges that are charged to the hotel room: room rate, meals, beverages, phone calls, movies, purchases at a Marriott-operated Gift Shop.
- Non-qualifying charges are: taxes, paid outs, gift certificate redemption/gift card purchases, banquet, catering and group charges.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete details.
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks after promotion ends for miles to be posted to your airline/miles preferred program account.
- All program terms and conditions of your preferred airline/miles program apply.
- You may go to MarriottRewards.com/MyAccount to update your account with your preferred airline/miles program.
© 2013 Marriott International, Inc. [link]
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.