Starwood Resorts is offering a five day sale on hotel package rates at 35 hotels in North America. The beauty of package rates is the opportunity to get discounts on items like breakfast, parking and prepaid hotel stay credit for Spa, Golf, and other activities.
The downside of package rates is the ability of the hotel to bundle items and call the rate a discount when there is actually a very small discount or none at all.
Starwood Five Days to Get Away CyberMonday bonus is something I have seen on a number of blogs today, yet the CyberMonday hotel deals are almost all just straight copy from the hotel marketers. I have not seen a travel blogger actually analyze the deals.
Here is my look at St. Regis Monarch Beach, a California Orange County coastal hotel at Dana Point. Starwood Lurker named this hotel in 2011 as the most requested award stay hotel in the USA.
Starwood’s Five Days WOW Package includes $100 daily resort credit and free parking ($35 daily value).
This package bundle provides $405 in added value in this WOW package on a 3-night stay ($300 resort credit + $105 for 3 days valet parking).
St. Regis Monarch Beach Luxury Ocean View room
Dec 4-7, 2012, 3-night stay
- WOW Package is $576 per night after tax and resort fees. Package includes valet parking and $100 daily resort credit.
- AAA package rate is $477 per night after tax and resort fees. Package includes $75 resort credit per stay.
- Prepaid nonrefundable rate with no extras is $455 per night after tax and resort fees.
- CyberMonday 5-day sale WOW Package is $99 more per night and provides an extra $75 hotel credit daily and valet parking compared to AAA package rate.
- Prepaid rate is $121 less per night than WOW package rate. You can pay for parking and not feel pressured to spend $100 per day, although my experience at this hotel is $100 per day goes rather quickly.
- Actual Savings with Starwood Five Days Sale package = $11 per day compared to AAA package rate or $14 per day compared to prepaid rate for guests who valet park and spend $100+ per day at the resort.