Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus promotion is MegaBonus with a seasonal name change. From June 1 to August 31, 2012 Marriott Rewards members can earn one Category 1-4 hotel free night certificate for every two Marriott hotel brand stays. The big change with this promotion is the earning limit is 3 free night certificates after six stays. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance which is an expanded benefit to recent offers that required redemption within six months.
This is my kind of promotion.
The option to pay for some one-night-stays in a variety of places and earn a free night certificate is the chance to pay now and travel cheaply later. Hopefully I will find some cheap opportunities for Marriott stays this summer. I’ll be looking for those under $80 rates available in places.
And I might even splurge to stay in a upper upscale hotel knowing there is a decent $75 or so rebate when I use that free night certificate for a category 4 hotel and save over $150. I am confident that I can get that kind of redemption value from a category 4 hotel over a one year time span of travel.
Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus Free Nights T&C
- Promotion registration required by June 30, 2012.
- Log into Marriott Rewards account, be sure earning is set to points and not miles, and check Promotion Central to find your summer bonus offer.
- Stay two times from June 1-August 31 and earn one free night certificate.
- Free night certificate valid at category 1-4 hotels.
- Free night certificate expires one year after date of issuance.
- Maximum three (3) free night awards earned with this promotion per member.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- Offer valid at participating hotels within the following participating brands, including JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achieving your bonus.
3 other variations of Summer Bonus Promotion
Marriott Rewards targets members with different promotions. As an infrequent Marriott hotel guest I always get the free nights offer. Here are the other offers I have seen mentioned on FlyerTalk.
- weekend stay includes a Friday or Saturday night, regardless of check-in or checkout day.
- terms indicate you can earn two stays credit in one weekend by changing hotels on Friday and Saturday.
- 2,500 bonus points for stays in 2 brands; another 2,500 bonus points for stays in 3 brands; and 10,000 bonus points for stays in 4 brands.
- my observation is there are many places around the USA where three different Marriott brand hotels are next to each other. It is quite common to have a Marriott Residence Inn and a Courtyard by Marriott next door to each other with shared facilities.
- 15 Paid nights = 20,000 points; 20 paid nights = 30,000 points; 25 paid nights = 40,000 points.
Marriott Rewards voted Hotel Program of the Americas for five consecutive years.
In an article I wrote for InsideFlyer I noted that summer 2009, when most hotel loyalty programs had their best promotion offers of the decade, Marriott Rewards was giving a maximum one free night certificate after three stays. Most hotel loyalty programs are in retrenchment in 2012 promotion offers and Marriott Rewards is peaking for the leisure traveler this summer. Perhaps the hotel program deserves its recent accolades at the 2012 Freddies.
Marriott Rewards has 5 consecutive years as winner of best hotel loyalty program in the Americas with the Freddies (2008, 2009, 2012) and Frequent Traveler Awards (2010-2011).
I see value in Marriott Rewards.
This offer is likely the best deal to come out for summer 2012 travel. I’ll be aiming for six stays this summer with Marriott.
My only reluctance to throwing my cash all-in for the Marriott Rewards program is that Marriott Gold elite level requires a lot of nights to reach. There are challenges and other fast-track elite offers to get Marriott Rewards Gold elite for less than 50 nights. 15 nights elite credit by having the Marriott Rewards credit card is a jump-start, but even still, the 35 nights left to reach Gold is sufficient for SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond or Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond if you tend to be a one night stay traveler like me. I almost always use points for longer stays.
This offer is a great deal for leisure travelers on the road this summer. One night is equivalent to one stay if you are moving around. These offers are less compelling for extended stay travelers. The validity of the certificates for one year from date of issuance gives sufficient time for redemption.