Starwood Hotels has a new Facebook contest to win a 5-night stay at any North American hotel up to category 6. Contest is open to residents of 50 US states, DC and Canada excluding Quebec who are 18 years or older.
How to Enter Starwood Contest
- Entry period is January 24 to February 28, 2012.
- Like the Starwood Facebook page.
- Register and share what “vacation means to you” by submitting a photo, story, poem, or combination of any.
- Round 1 Voting Period allows voters to register and vote once per day for favorite entry. After February 28 a group of panelists will choose the top 10 entries. Voting results only count for 25% of the criteria used in judging finalists.
- The good news for voters is you get a sweepstakes entry for one prize of two free weekend nights at any North American hotel up to category 5 properties for a maximum 32,000 points prize.
- Top 10 finalists will be posted from March 6 to March 20, 2012 for Final Voting Round.
- The odd rule is it looks like voters can vote once for each of the ten finalists, but no more than one vote for any finalist?
- Entry with most votes in Final Voting Round wins Grand Prize of 100,000 Starpoints for two round-trip flights, $1,000 in spending money and up to 125,000 Starpoints for a 5-night hotel stay at any hotel in North America up to SPG category 6 hotel. (SPG category-6 hotel in peak season is 25,000 points per night. Fewer points are won if hotel costs less. Considering SPG has 5th night free I would think the maximum win is 100,000 points.)
- Next two highest vote entrants win First Prize. One random voting member also wins a Voting Sweepstakes First Prize. First Prize is two free weekend nights (Fri-Sat) at up to category 5 hotel in North America for a maximum prize of 32,000 points.
Starwood Hotels Contest Page. This page lets you look at the contest if you are not a facebook member. To enter the contest you need to be a Facebook member.
The unique aspect of this Starwood Facebook Contest is you receive a sweepstakes entry for two free nights in North America just by registering and voting for any contest entry. You do not have to submit your own entry.