Marriott Rewards members can now earn Virgin America Elevate points for hotel stays at any of 14 Marriott brands. Marriott Rewards members who choose Virgin America Elevate for their earning preference will earn:
1 Elevate point per $1 spent at:
- Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- JW Marriott
- Renaissance Hotels & Resorts
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Autograph Collection
- EDITION (room rate only)
- The Ritz-Carlton (room rate only)
or 1 Elevate point per $2 spent (room rate only) at:
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
- Marriott Executive Apartments
- AC Hotels by Marriott
Marriott Rewards members also can exchange Rewards points for Elevate points at the following rates:
Marriott Rewards Points Exchange Rate for Elevate Points
- 10,000 hotel points = 1,000 Elevate points (10:1)
- 20,000 hotel points = 2,500 Elevate points (8:1)
- 30,000 hotel points = 5,000 Elevate points (6:1)
- 70,000 hotel points = 12,500 Elevate points ( 5.6 to 1)
- 125,000 hotel points = 25,000 Elevate points (5:1)
Marriott Rewards offers a better points-to-miles exchange rate for exchanging larger blocks of points.
Virgin America’s regular earn rate for flights is 5 Elevate points per USD$1.
Too bad Virgin America Elevate is not a participating partner in Marriott Rewards MegaMiles for 2,000 points per stay.
Here is a November 2011 WebFlyer review of Virgin America. General consensus I have seen is Elevate points max out at about 2 cents per point value.
I recommend sticking to Marriott Rewards points.