Marriott Rewards is back with MegaMiles for hotel stays from January 1 – April 30, 2012. Earn 2,000 bonus miles per stay, beginning with second hotel stay, in addition to base miles regularly earned per spend. Maximum limit of 50,000 bonus miles may be earned for this promotion in 26 stays.
Promotion registration is required and Marriott Rewards members must set account earning preference to miles.
This link shows the Marriott Rewards earning rate for specific airlines and Marriott hotel brands.
27 Participating airlines
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Aeroplan (Air Canada)
- Air China PhoenixMiles
- Alitalia MilleMiglia
- Asiana Airlines Asiana Club
- Avianca-TACA LifeMiles
- British Airways Executive Club
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- China Eastern Airlines Eastern Miles
- China Southern Airlines Sky Pearl Club
- Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
- Emirates Airlines Skywards
- Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- JAL Mileage Bank
- JetBlue Airways TrueBlue
- Jet Privilege
- Kingfisher Airlines King Club
- KLM Flying Blue
- Lufthansa/Miles & More
- Qatar Privilege Club
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- TAP Air Portugal Victoria
- US Airways Dividend Miles
- United Airlines Mileage Plus
- Virgin America Elevate
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Miles earned on all qualifying charges at:
- JW Marriott®,
- Autograph Collection®,
- Renaissance® Hotels,
- AC Hotels by Marriott (beginning November 8, 2011),
- Marriott® Hotels & Resorts,
- Marriott Vacation Club® brands
Miles earned on room rate only at:
- Courtyard by Marriott®,
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®,
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott®,
- Residence Inn by Marriott®
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott® brands.
- The Ritz-Carlton® – Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward MegaMiles achievement.
Miles are earned based on qualifying charges that are charged to the hotel room: Room Rate, meals, beverages, phone calls, movies, purchases at a Marriott-operated Gift Shop.
Two miles per US$1 is base earning rate with most airlines for hotel stays at:
- JW Marriott®
- Autograph Collection®
- Renaissance® Hotels
- Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
- Marriott Vacation Club®
- The Ritz-Carlton® (room rate only)
- EDITION (room rate only)
One mile per US$1 is base earning rate on room rate only with most airlines for hotel stays at:
- Courtyard by Marriott®
- AC Hotels by Marriott®
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
- Residence Inn by Marriott®
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
- Marriott Executive Apartments®
Non-qualifying charges are: taxes, paid outs, gift certificate redemption/gift card purchases, banquet, catering and group charges.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis:
In Q-1 2011 Marriott Rewards MegaMiles offered triple miles. A $200 stay at a Courtyard hotel brand earned only 400 bonus miles on top of the 200 base miles last year for 600 total miles.
2012 Marriott Rewards MegaBonus for the same $200 spend at a Courtyard hotel earns 2,000 bonus miles plus 200 base miles for a total 2,200 miles on a $200 stay. This offer is far more generous for 2012 stays. Earning 2,000 bonus miles on a $70 Fairfield Inn hotel stay is quite the MegaMiles bonus.
This is a good miles earning promotion from Marriott Rewards. I wonder what the MegaBonus points promotion offer will be for Q1-2012?