Loyalty Traveler is taking part in Passports with Purpose fundraiser from November 30 – December 16, 2011 in an effort to raise $80,000 and build two libraries in Zambia. Hyatt Gold Passport has donated a high value prize of 110,000 points for this fundraiser. You can buy tickets for $10 each and enter your ticket for the prize of your choice. Passports with Purpose is handling the raffle with this Hyatt Gold Passport 110,000 points prize and about a hundred other travel and travel related prizes.
Passports With Purpose 2011 – Libraries for Zambia
Loyalty Traveler blog announces Passports with Purpose raffle prize of 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points, generously donated by Hyatt Hotels for this raffle fundraiser to build two libraries in Zambia with the organization Room to Read.
Purchase of $10 raffle tickets are your entry for the Hyatt Gold Passport 110,000 points prize or other prizes hosted by different travel blogs for this Passports with Purpose fundraiser.
From November 30 through December 16, 2011 11:59pm PST each $10 ticket purchased at Passports with Purpose is valid for one entry to win the prize you select. Hyatt Gold Passport donated 110,000 points for Loyalty Traveler to host as a Passports with Purpose prize. Those can be some cheaply purchased Hyatt Gold Passport points if you win the raffle prize.
There are about 100 other prizes being hosted by different travel bloggers.
Winner of Hyatt Gold Passport points must be a member of Hyatt Gold Passport to receive prize. You can join Hyatt Gold passport at www.hyatt.com for free if you win and collect your prize.
Raffle ticket purchase website: http://www.passportswithpurpose.org/donate/
Passports with Purpose has a 2011 goal to raise $80,000 for building two libraries with books and literacy materials in Zambia.
Passports with Purpose (PwP) is a fundraiser organized by a small group of energetic travel bloggersÂ in Seattle. This annual raffle since 2008 for travel gear and travel getaway prizes procured by travel bloggers raises money for
an international humanitarian project. This year the PwP project is supporting the international organization Room to Read to establish two libraries in Zambia.
Pam Mandel â€“ Nerdâ€™s Eye View, Beth Whitman â€“ Wanderlust and Lipstick, Debbie Dubrow â€“ DeliciousBaby.comÂ and Michelle Duffy â€“ Wandermom.com coordinate travel bloggers and businesses through the travel community for a purpose to help save the world oneÂ location at a time.
Two years ago I participated in Passports with PurposeÂ and hosted a Hyatt Gold Passport prize of 50,000 points. The goal in 2009 was $30,000 to build a school in Cambodia. Passports with PurposeÂ must be aÂ successful fundraiser. The goal this year is $80,000 for two libraries in Zambia.
Nice thing Hyatt Gold Passport more than doubled their points donation in 2011 since the Passports with Purpose fundraising goal also more than doubled since 2009. I have a feeling this 2011 Hyatt Gold Passport prize will get plenty of ticket entries.
Pam has a way with words and provides Room to Read links and some of her personal reading preferences in her October 19 post â€“ Passports with Purpose 2011: Itâ€™s About Reading!
After reading Pamâ€™s piece I decided toÂ withhold my story for this post about reading Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings when I was 15 during an overcast summer beach camping holidayÂ near Barcelona, Spain.
Over the next two weeks on Loyalty Traveler Iâ€™ll remind readers about $10 raffle prize tickets for the Passports with Purpose fundraiser and share someÂ of my storiesÂ on libraries, books and my daysÂ workingÂ as anÂ elementary schoolÂ reading teacher.
Loyalty Traveler Hyatt Prize Analysis
110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points is enough points for
- 5 hotel nights are 110,000 points at the best of the best Hyatt Hotels worldwideÂ for 22,000 points per night. Hotels like Andaz 5th Avenue, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort, Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill.
- 6 nights are 108,000 points at category 5 hotels for 18,000 points per night. Hotels like Park Hyatt Toronto, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort, Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, Florida.
- 7 nights are 105,000 points at category 4 hotels for 15,000 points per night. Hotels like AVIA Savannah Georgia, Hyatt Regency San Francisco, Hyatt at Olive 8 Seattle.
- 9 nights are 108,000 at category 3 hotels for 12,000 points per night. Hotels like Hyatt Regency Denver, Grand Hyatt Altlanta.
- 13 nightsÂ are 104,000 at category 2 hotels for 8,000 points per night. Hotels like Grand Hyatt Santiago, Chile; Park Hyatt Mendoza, Argentina; Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Hyatt Regency Lexington, Kentucky.
- 22 nightsÂ are 110,000 points atÂ category 1 hotels for 5,000 points per night. Hotels like Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport North Carolina; Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, Nepal; Bali Hyatt Indonesia.
This prize will buy from 5 to 22 free hotel nights globally with Hyatt Hotels in the brands of Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Hyatt Place and Andaz.