InterContinental Hotels Group has a 2011 Black Friday November sweepstakes on Twitter and an offer for $100 off an airline ticket. The flight credit offer requires IHG promotion registration between November 1-28, 2011. Once registered for this offer you have from November 4 to April 29, 2012 to book and complete a two consecutive nights weekend stay (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) at any IHG property in the U.S.
This offer is limited to residents of the U.S. 50 states and D.C.
IHG brands include Holiday Inn, Holiday Day Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Hotel Indigo and InterContinental Hotels.
The $100 Airline flight credit may be earned a maximum three (3) times.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis
This offer requires jumping through some hoops, but the reward is a nice payout with six months to complete a two-night weekend stay in the U.S. and the opportunity to earn this bonus three times before April 29, 2012. Rates that normally earn Priority Club points are eligible for this offer, including AAA, senior, corporate and most advance purchase discounts as long as the hotel is booked through IHG channels.
Procedure for qualifying and submitting a $100 airline credit claim
- Register for IHG Black Friday offer by November 28, 2011.
- Book a weekend stay (Fri-Sun) with two-consecutive-nights at any IHG hotel in the U.S. and stay by April 29, 2012.
- Submit a copy of your hotel folio (hotel bill) by email, fax or postal mail by May 31, 2012.
- IHG will email your $100 Flight Credit Award pin number within two (2) weeks of receiving your information.
- Register your $100 Flight Credit Award pin number within 30 days after email is sent at www.activateaward.com/IHG-FFC.
- Your activated email allows you to receive $100 off any roundtrip flight on a single airline carrier to any destination.
- Airfare must be booked through ATG, the travel agency partner contracted with IHG for this promotion.
- Airfare must be booked within four months of activating your $100 Flight Credit Award.
- All travel must be completed with five (5) months of booking your roundtrip flight ticket.
- Flight ticket must have a Saturday night stay and 14-day advance purchase.
- Only one award can be redeemed per trip.
- Only one award trip may be redeemed per calendar quarter.
The last two terms are important since I read these as meaning you can’t earn three awards and then book the same flights for you and your spouse and child and get $100 off each ticket.
Term #12 indicates you really need to plan when to submit these claims since the $100 credit flight booking and travel timeline starts once you have submitted a claim.
For example, if you complete two stays on two consecutive weekends in November, then you are better off to submit one claim right away and you have Q4-2011 and Q1-2012 to book that flight. Then wait and submit the other claim in Q1 or Q2 2012 and you will have another $100 credit you can use in Q2-2012 or Q3-2012.
This IHG offer has been around for several months in the past year and I have not seen any major complaints about redeeming these flight credits. Basically, if you are willing to jump through the hoops and work with a travel agency for a $100 flight discount, then this is a bonus deal for IHG stays on top of the normal points and promotion bonuses you will earn from Priority Club membership.
Promotion Rules – www.ihg.com/get100rules.
You can email Promotion Questions to email@example.com.
IHG Twitter Sweepstakes for $100 VISA card.
Another component of IHG Black Friday deal is a Twitter Sweepstakes November 1 – 28, 2011.
1. Follow IHG_Deals on Twitter.
2. @IHG_Deals will tweet a message for you to retweet. Once you retweet the @IHG_Deals message, including the hash tag #GottaGet100 and the shortened URL to reach the Official Rules, www.ihg.com/get100rules you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for retweeting that Day.
3. Limit: Each participant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per Day by retweeting during the Promotion Period.
4. Around November 30, 2011 daily prize winners will be selected from all entries submitted during sweepstakes.
5. Winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message and have three (3) days to claim $100 VISA gift card prize.
Comments are closed.