The first 50,000 Club Carlson members to register for the Radisson Big Night Giveaway promotion after the registration page goes live after 12 midnight, Thursday November 10 eastern time (9:00pm Pacific time Wednesday, Nov 9) will be eligible to earn a 50,000 Gold Points bonus after a single stay at any Radisson Hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean from November 10 through December 30, 2011.
The good news about the Radisson Big Night Giveaway promotion.
My Loyalty Traveler post last week prompted a conference call meeting with Carlson Hotels managers to clarify the terms of this offer and I will share what I learned today. Here are the bulleted points on promotion questions I saw raised on Loyalty Traveler blog, FlyerTalk and MilePoint since this Radisson Big Night Giveaway offer came out five days ago.
Some of these terms are changes from what was released in the original Radisson Big Night Giveaway Countdown page T&C. Perhaps my critique of the promotion had a positive effect for some Club Carlson members.
- Club Carlson members must register for this promotion beginning Thursday, November 10 at midnight Eastern time zone. That means registration is available beginning at 9pm Wednesday, November 9 in the Pacific Time Zone.
- All Club Carlson Concierge elite level members are pre-registered for the 50,000 bonus Gold Points offer and do not count as part of the first 50,000 registrants eligible for 50,000 bonus Gold points after one Radisson Hotel stay anytime during the promotion period.
- Radisson Big Night Giveaway promotion is open to all Club Carlson members globally.
- First 50,000 Club Carlson members to register will know they are in the first 50,000 registrants when they see the landing page for the promotion showing 50,000 points offer. After first 50,000 Club Carlson members have registered the promotion landing page will change to show the member is eligible for 15,000 points.
- After you have registered for the 50,000 points offer, then you just need to stay once at a Radisson Hotel in the US, Canada or the Caribbean anytime during the promotion period from November 10 to December 30, 2011 to earn 50,000 bonus Gold Points.
- Existing reservations at a Radisson Hotel in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean before promotion registration will be eligible for the 50,000 bonus points. This is a change from the original promotion wording which stated “The Big Night Giveaway Promotion (“Promotion”) is available only to Club CarlsonSM members for new reservations.” The promotion was designed to encourage new bookings, however, I was told that the promotion bonus will apply to existing Radisson bookings as long as the Club Carlson member registers for the promotion prior to the stay, is one of the first 50,000 registrants for the 50,000 points offer, and the stay falls during the Nov 10-Dec 30, 2011 promotion period.
- Any rate that earns Gold Points will be eligible for the promotion bonus. This means Advance Purchase, AAA, Senior, package rates (breakfast, parking etc.) and any other rate that normally earns Gold Points qualifies for the promotion bonus. (This is another change from the original promotion wording.)
- Update November 10: Club Carlson Cash & Points rates count as an eligible stay for this promotion as stated on FlyerTalk by Radisson Hotels & Resorts Representative.
- Carlson Friends & Family rate is not an eligible rate for bonus points since it is not a Gold Points earning rate.
- The Big Night Giveaway bonus is not applicable if you choose to earn miles for your Radisson Hotel stay. You must choose to earn Gold Points for your hotel stay to earn the promotion bonus.
- To clarify – this offer is for a stay at any Radisson hotel in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean. There is some degree of public relations confusion common to Carlson Hotels in that many people think Radisson Hotels is the parent company of the hotel chain. Carlson Hotels is the parent hotel company and comprised of four hotel brands: Radisson/Radisson Blu, Park Inn, Country Inns & Suites and Park Plaza. Only a stay at a hotel in the Radisson brand qualifies for the bonus points offer.
My apology to the people at Carlson Hotels and to Loyalty Traveler readers.
This Radisson Big Night Giveaway is a great offer from the Club Carlson hotel loyalty program. Club Carlson developed a truly high value offer for members to promote the launch of Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago, their first Radisson Blu hotel and flagship property in the U.S.
And I rained on their grand opening celebration.
I kind of feel like a jerk for quickly writing a post last Wednesday where I criticized the promotion details and incorrectly analyzed parts of the Radisson Big Night Giveaway promotion for readers. I shoot off my blog mouth while sitting in my living room at home and create a corporate public relations hassle for Club Carlson.
I provided an example here on Loyalty Traveler of why some brands are leary of bloggers who can easily create a public relations issue. Thankfully the people at Carlson Hotels responded to me quickly to clarify terms of this Radisson promotion offer. Two years ago I incorrectly analyzed Hilton HHonors hotel reward category changes and HHonors never bothered to reach out to me to clarify the issue. (Perhaps due to the fact that their HHonors changes were actually worse than I initially predicted they would be.)
This post should have been written last Thursday or Friday, but I was busy in Los Angeles at the Blog World Expo and unavailable to meet with the Carlson folks until this morning.
I know I will be on my computer when promotion registration opens up for this Radisson Big Night Giveaway on 9pm Wednesday night here in California.
Club Carlson 50,000 points for Radisson Stay Nov 10-Dec 30, 2011. (Loyalty Traveler Nov 2)
Club Carlson Park Inn 15,000 Points for One Stay in US/Canada by December 15 (Loyalty Traveler Nov 3)
Links: Club Carlson homepage
What can you do with 50,000 Gold Points? Redeem free nights with Club Carlson