Hilton HHonors released the highest value hotel loyalty promotion of all the major chains for a free night every 4 stays or 10 nights October 1 – December 31, 2011. There is no limit to the number of free night certificates a member may earn during the promotion period. Free night certificates are valid at any Hilton brand hotel worldwide. Free night certificates expire six months after issuance.
Members must choose between earning free nights or an alternate promotion earning double points. There are about 270 properties opting out of this promotion, almost all in the U.S.
Free Nights or Double Points?
HHonors Fast Ways to Free Stays 2011-Q4 promotion offers the choice of double points or a free night every 4 stays or 10 nights.
Double points is only a better offer if you think you will not qualify for a free night during the promotion period or perhaps you are a really big spender. Considering a person needs to spend $5,000 to earn 50,000 bonus points with the double points offer, most HHonors members will likely have four stays or ten nights and earn a free night certificate long before spending $5,000.
HHonors ‘Fast Ways to Free Stays’ Basics
- Promotion period = October 1-December 31, 2011
- Promotion available for HHonors members worldwide
- About 270 hotels opted out promotion among 3,700 hotels worldwide. Almost all hotels opting out are located in U.S.
- List of non-participating Hilton Hotels.
- Member must select either double points or free nights version of promotion.
- No changing promotion preference from double points or free nights after member registers.
- Double points = 10 bonus points per $1 above regular earning rate for Points & Points or Points & Miles earners.
- Free Night certificate may be redeemed at any Hilton brand property worldwide (even the hotels that have opted out of the promotion for earning free nights.)
- Ten nights qualification does not need to be consecutive nights.
- HHonors members earn regular points and miles during this promotion.
- HHonors reward stays do not count for free night qualification.
- HHonors free night certificates expire 6 months after issuance. (Assuming all certificates are issued by January 31, 2012, this means that the latest date is likely July 2012 for redeeming free nights.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis
This is a 5-key promotion and the most lucrative offer for 2011-Q4 hotel stays.
Hotel hopping for one-night stays means this offer is like getting 12,500 to 15,000 or even 20,000 bonus points per hotel stay when a free night certificate is redeemed for a category 7 HHonors hotel reward night or Waldorf-Astoria Collection where reward nights can be as high as 80,000 points per night.
I am definitely looking to take advantage of this HHonors ‘Fast Ways to Free Stays’ offer as my primary high value rebate for hotel stays over the next three months.
Hilton HHonors Promotion non-participating hotels