Priority Club’s “Up to 4x More” promotion started this week and runs from September 15 through December 31, 2011. The basic offer allows points earners to receive 500 bonus points per night and miles earners to receive 100 bonus miles per night for up to 40 nights during the 15 week promotion period. The maximum bonus is 80,000 points or 16,000 miles during the promotion. Bonus points or miles are in addition to regular earning for Priority Club stays.
Registration Page for ‘Up to 4x More’ 80,000 Points Fall Promotion.
Registration Page for ‘Up to 4x More’ 16,000 Miles Fall Promotion.
- No retroactive bonus points or miles are permitted for stays completed before promotion registration.
- Only one room per member per night will count for this promotion.
Up to 4x More refers to the ability to double, triple or quadruple the nightly bonus points or miles with stays in two, three or four different IHG brands during the promotion.
- Bonus Level 1 = 500 points or 100 miles per night, up to 40 nights from September 15-December 31.
- Bonus Level 2 = 1,000 points or 200 miles per night with stays in two different IHG brands.
- Bonus Level 3 = 1,500 points or 300 miles per night with stays in three different IHG brands.
- Bonus Level 4 = 2,000 points or 400 miles per night with stays in four different IHG brands.
Priority Club members registered for the promotion earn 500 bonus points or 100 bonus miles per night for stays through December 31, 2011. In January 2012 the number of different brands stayed will determine the multiplier and bonus points or miles will post in January.
Priority Club represents eight IHG brands:
- InterContinental Hotels – luxury hotel market segment
- Crowne Plaza – upscale hotel market segment
- Hotel Indigo – upscale hotel market segment
- Holiday Inn – upper midscale hotel market segment
- Holiday Inn Express – upper midscale hotel market segment
- Staybridge Suites – upscale extended stay hotel market segment
- Candlewood Suites – midscale extended stay hotel market segment
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations are six U.S. timeshare resort destinations. (The link web page states this is newest IHG brand.)
Market segment classification is based on 2011 STR U.S. Hotel Chain Scale.
The Priority Club Rewards Elite Qualification Factor
Priority Club Rewards counts all points earned as elite qualifying points with very few exceptions like points purchased for a Points + Cash reward. The ‘Up to 4x More’ bonus points multiplier happens in January 2012 and provides an elite status jumpstart for Priority Club members when these bonus points post in January. This is one reason to go for points rather than miles since the bonus miles for different brand stays posting in January will do nothing for Priority Club elite status qualification.
Brand multiplier bonus points posting in January 2012 count for 2012 Priority Club elite qualification.
20,000 points earns Gold elite for 2012 and 2013. Stay 14 nights in four different IHG brands and you earn 21,000 Brand Multiplier bonus points in Janary 2012 and two years of Gold elite. Max out this promotion for 40 nights with four different brand stays and the January 2012 posting of Brand Multiplier Bonus Points for 60,000 points earns Platinum elite for 2012 and 2013.
Earning Points at IHG brands
IHG Priority Club Rewards has three different earning rates for points depending on IHG hotel brand.
- InterContinental Hotels = 2,000 points per stay.
- Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Club Vacations earn 10 points per US$1.
- Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites earn 5 points per US$1.
Participating Airlines for Miles Earners
Miles earning base rates vary between hotel brand and airline partner. Check the Priority Club link for miles earning structure. International airlines tend to have a higher earning base rate for members spending less than $250 per hotel stay.
- American Airlines
- Aeroplan (Air Canada)
- AIR MILES Reward Program
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Varig Brasil
- Asia Pacific Airlines
- Air China
- Air New Zealand – Airpoints
- All Nippon Airways
- Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific)
- Asiana Airlines
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Eva Air
- Hainan Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Korean Airways
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways International
Europe, Middle East and Africa airline partners are not participating in Up to 4x More promotion.