VOILA Hotel Rewards has a double elite nights promotion through December 31, 2011. Five nights earns mid-tier Orion status and ten nights will lift you to top-tier Centaurus status. Registration is required for double elite nights.
VOILA Hotel Rewards is a U.S. based loyalty program for about 200 small chain independent hotels located primarily outside the USA. I wrote a Loyalty Traveler description of Voila Hotel Rewards last January when the program announced the signing of the two formerly Starwood W Hotels in New York City, now operating as St. Giles Hotel.
Voila Hotel Rewards Membership Levels and Benefits
Phoenix = base membership level for members with 0 to 9 nights in a 12-month period (free membership).
Orion = 10 nights in 12-month period. Only 5 nights are required with Double Elite Qualification promotion.
- 25% bonus points
- 11am check-in
- 4pm checkout
- complimentary upgrade to next best room
- complimentary fitness center access
Centaurus = 20 nights in 12 consecutive month period. Double elite nights promotion reduces qualification to 10 nights.
- No blackout dates.
- 24-hour guaranteed room availability
- welcome gift
- complimentary access to Executive Lounge at properties with a lounge.
Voila Hotel Rewards has 14 hotel brands.
- HUSA Hoteles – Spain (114 hotels)
- Kayumanis – China (4 hotels)
- St. Giles Hotel – New York (2 hotels, formerly Starwood W brand)
- Amari – Thailand (14 hotels)
- Othon – Brazil (9 hotels)
- Katerina Hotels – Moscow, Russia (2 hotels)
- Nevsky – St. Petersburg, Russia (1 hotel)
- Deville – Brazil (9 hotels)
- Continental Hotels – Romania (9 hotels)
- Coral Hotels – Middle East/Africa (8 hotels)
- Great Hotel Rewards – Iceland/Korea (2 hotels)
- Swiss-Belhotel – Indonesia/China/Middle East/Sydney (26 hotels)
- Lucerna Hotels – Mexico (5 hotels)
- The Dragon – Hangzhou, China (1 hotel)
Voila Hotel Rewards is structured like a typical hotel loyalty program for earning points at 10 base points per US$1 and 25% or 50% elite member bonus points for the two elite levels.
Points have a set cash value for redemption in the range of $7.50 to slightly less than $10 per 1,000 points.
For example, a hotel takes 15,000 points for a room rate of $100 to $149 and 20,000 points for a room rate of $150 to $199. Voila Hotel Rewards Redemption Chart.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis
Top elite Centaurus status in Voila Hotel Rewards offers complimentary upgrades and lounge access. That sounds like a good deal for 10 hotel nights if your travels take you to places with Voila Hotel Rewards member hotels.
New Members earn 1,000 Voila points upon free enrollment.