Carlson Wagonlit Travel customers can register to earn a fast-track to Hilton HHonors Gold elite membership after four stays within 90 days of promotion registration. HHonors Gold normally requires 16 stays or 36 nights in a calendar year. This offer is exclusively for Carlson Wagonlit Travel customers, but I am posting this fast-track HHonors Gold offer since there are millions of you out there across the globe who book travel with CWT.
Register by phone with Hilton Reservations and Customer Care by requesting Promotion Code ‘CFTE’.
HHonors member must complete the four qualifying stays within 90 days of enrollment to earn HHonors Gold membership. Elite membership status will be valid for the year earned and the subsequent year.
Loyalty Traveler analysis:
This is an offer targeted exclusively to Carlson Wagonlit Travel customers. The wording of this offer states member will have Gold elite after four stays within 90 days of promotion enrollment and maintain that status for the calendar year Gold elite is earned and the following year.
Promotion registration dilemma
This leaves eligible HHonors members with a dilemma for when to register for this targeted CWT promotion.
1. Sign up now and you will have 90 days in 2011 to complete four stays and earn HHonors Gold for the remainder of 2011 and 2012. Signing up in 2011 is fine if you plan to use Hilton Hotels in 2012 and retain Gold status with 16 stays or 36 nights. You will maintain Gold elite through 2013 if you meet the normal Hilton HHonors Gold stays or nights in 2012.
2. If you wait and register for this CWT fast-track offer in early 2012, then you have 90 days to make four stays and you will have HHonors Gold elite membership for all of 2012 and 2013, even if you have few stays after qualifying for HHonors Gold. This promotion states it runs through 12/31/2013, but may be terminated without notice. These fast-track offers sometimes disappear before their scheduled end date.
HHonors Gold Member Benefits
On-property benefits include:
• Room upgrades (as available), Bonus Points, eCheck-in and other comforts
• Free access to Wi-Fi
• A 25% bonus on all HHonors Base Points earned
• Complimentary access to hotel-owned-and-operated health clubs
• Access to VIP Elite only rewards like 4 to 14 night reward stay discounts of 15% to 25% off standard free night rate.
Complimentary HHonors Diamond for Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum members in Australia.
Australians might want to look into this HHonors fast-track elite offer from Virgin Australia.
Gary Leff blogged a couple days ago on View from the Wing about getting a status match to Virgin Australia to take advantage of the Velocity frequent flier elite benefit for limited-time complimentary HHonors Gold or Diamond elite status.