Best Western has a Twitter campaign happening May 19 through June 17, 2011 offering daily points and cash prizes. “Wanna Go, Wanna Bring Summer Edition” has $4,000 in prizes. Prizes only awarded Monday through Friday.
Simply follow Best Western on Twitter and then tweet this:
I wanna go to (location), I wanna bring (@twitter username) and I wanna (activity)! #wannagobw @thebestwestern.
Insert a place, a Twitter member and an activity and keep it all under 140 characters or it doesn’t submit your tweet.
- Contest only open to U.S. 50 states and D.C. residents.
- You may enter as many times as you want each day.
- 5,000 Best Western points or $100 Best Western Travel Card = one prize daily Monday – Friday.
- Grand Prize = $2,000 Best Western Travel Card = two prizes awarded by July 8.
- Notification of prize win will be by Twitter. Must respond to Best Western within 7 days or forfeit prize.
Here is the primer for readers who don’t yet use Twitter.com.
- Sign up for Twitter.
- Explore, look up some categories and follow some people.
- @loyaltytraveler is how you reply to someone or locate tweets mentioning a specific member on Twitter.
- #SanFrancisco is what is called a hashtag. This is how you can search topics where a keyword or name may not be so effective. For instance #tbex is a hashtag for people discussing the Travel Blog Exchange 2011 conference happening in Vancouver June 11-12. (note: earlier version of this post used #tbex11, but it does not seem the date is being used.)