A free night is available at Conrad Hotels for guests who meet the minimum paid stay requirement of two to six nights depending on location during the 25th Anniversary limited time offer. Bookings must be made by June 12th for hotel stays completed by June 30, 2011.
Rate must be booked 3 days in advance of stay.
Conrad free night promotion link: www.conradhotels.com/25.
Free night must be consumed on the last night of the stay. This term indicates there may be some opportunity for finding a rate where the third night is more expensive. This could particularly be a savings for a Friday-Sunday night stay where Sunday is higher priced room rate. I did not check for this kind of rate savings with the Conrad promotion, but I have seen this work in other promotions.
Rates I checked were equivalent to Best Available Rate and may offer a 25% to 33% discount on BAR for 13 of the 16 Conrad Hotels.
3rd night free Conrad Hotels
- Rates are published minimum rate for this deal. Rates can be higher.
- Brussels (199EUR = $281USD)
- Cairo ($169USD)
- Dublin (159EUR = $225USD)
- Hong Kong (3,850HKD = $494USD)
- Sanya, China (2,450RMB = $374USD)
4th night free Conrad Hotels
- Chicago ($195)
- Indianapolis ($229)
- Miami ($299)
- Punta del Este, Uruguay ($240USD)
- San Juan Puerto Rico ($199USD)
- Bangkok (6,100THB = $202USD)
- Singapore ($316USD)
- Tokyo (45,000 Yen = $556USD)
5th night free Conrad Hotels
- Istanbul (535TRY = $344USD)
7th night free Conrad Hotels
- Bali ($215USD)
- Maldives ($815USD)
Loyalty Traveler rate analysis:
Conrad Chicago (4th night free) Monday May 16 – Friday May 20
Rates are same as Best Available rate. Cancellation policy without penalty = 1 day in advance.
- 25th Anniversary Rate = $225 King Bed Deluxe or $1038.60 total after tax for 4-night stay.
- 4th night rebate = $259.65.
- Total = $778.95 or $194.74 per night.
- Advance Purchase rate = $215/night or $251.00 per night after tax. ($1003.98 for 4 nights).
- 25th Anniversary free night rate is a 22% discount on advance purchase for this stay at Conrad Chicago.
Many of the prices shown for this 25th Anniversary rate look rather high to me. The Conrad Dublin looks like one of the more reasonable rates. An interesting result reveals two good rate offers when I checked Conrad Dublin.
Conrad Dublin (3rd night free) Tuesday April 12 – Friday May 15
Rates are same as Best Available rate. Cancellation policy without penalty = 4pm day of arrival.
- 25th Anniversary Rate = 215EUR ($304USD) Junior Suite or 645EUR ($911USD) total with tax for 3-night stay.
- 3rd night rebate = 215EUR ($304USD).
- Final rate after 3rd night rebate = 430EUR or $608USD for 3 nights = 144EUR or $203USD per night.
- Spring B&B offer = 154EUR/night or $217.52USD per night and includes breakfast. This rate is prepaid and nonrefundable, but offers breakfast for an additional 10EUR or $15USD per night.
- Advance Purchase rate is 205EUR night. This is no deal.
- 25th Anniversary free night rate is a 33% discount on the best unrestricted rate for this 3-night stay at Conrad Dublin.
Loyalty Traveler and Wikipedia About Conrad Hotels
I was kind of curious what exactly is the 25th anniversary of Conrad Hotels? Where was the first Conrad?
According to Wikipedia, the first Conrad Hotel opened in 1985 with the Conrad Jupiters Gold Coast in Australia.
So why 25 years in 2011? Apparently the hotel had a soft partial opening in November 1985 (start of summer season in Australia) and the hotel officially opened in February 1986 – 25 years ago.
Conrad Hotels is celebrating its 25th Anniversary since the opening of the first Conrad Jupiters Gold Coast, Australia in 1986, yet this Hilton Worldwide hotel brand currently has just 16 hotel locations after a quarter century.
Conrad was Hilton’s flagship luxury hotel brand until Waldorf-Astoria Collection developed into a Hilton brand in 2006. The emphasis, it seems to me, has been on Waldorf-Astoria Collection marketing over the past five years while Conrad has added very few properties and lost a couple of hotels.
Conrad Sanya in China’s southeastern beach resort location just opened December 2010. Conrad Bali (2004), Conrad Miami (2004) and Conrad Maldives (2007) opened in the past seven years.
I tried to book a hotel stay at the Conrad Treasury Brisbane in 2003. That was the only hotel I never succeeded in getting a reward stay for nights on points, even with HHonors Diamond Desk support. The two Australian Conrad hotels rebranded in April 2010 after a 20-year management contract expired and are no longer part of Conrad Hotels and Hilton Worldwide. Treasury Brisbane and Jupiters Gold Coast are casino hotels and Jupiters is affiliated with 450 global independent hotels in World Hotels.
Conrad Centennial Singapore is a hotel where I stayed several times in the past ten years and a place I considered a luxury hotel. This is a hotel where I would leave my room and go to the Club lounge and have breakfast and come back to find the room had been serviced with towels replaced and bed made and papers straightened. One time I went down to the lobby and strolled around the pool area and after ten minutes remembered I had forgotten something in my room. I returned to the room to see it had been cleaned. The place was like having a Harry Potter wand for room maintenance, yet they never bothered me while I was relaxing in my room.
Trouble in paradise is not what you want on a dream trip vacation.