Market Metrix customer satisfaction data was used to rank hotel brands by market segment in its Market Metrix Hospitality Index 2010 Winners list.
- Luxury = Mandarin Oriental
- Upper Upscale = Joie de Vivre Hotels
- Upscale = Sandals
- Midscale with Food & Beverage = Red Lion Hotels
- Midscale without Food & Beverage = Drury Hotels
- Economy = Microtel Inns & Suites
Notable is the statement by Market Metrix:
In 2010 hotel loyalty programs also played a bigger role for guests in choosing a hotel compared to 2009.
Hyatt Resorts ranked highest among major loyalty program brands in upper upscale market segment behind JdV, Kimpton and Peninsula.