Did you not requalify for the same Marriott Rewards elite level for 2011? No worry!
You can buy back your 2010 elite level with Marriott Rewards points through April 1, 2011.
This offer only allows you to buy back your 2010 elite membership level for 2011. You may not buy a higher elite level than you held in 2010.
- Platinum elite = 40,000 points
- Gold Elite = 25,000 points
- Silver elite = 7,500 points
Marriott Rewards allows you to buy the points at $12.50 per 1,000 points if you do not have sufficient points in your account. There is a 50,000 points purchase limit per calendar year.
Two Ways to Buy Back Your Elite Status
- Simply call Guest Services at 1-800-321-7396 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada),
- Email Marriott Rewards with your information.
- include your name and Rewards number, and one of the three options below:
- Switch my Elite status from Gold to Platinum status for 40,000 points
- Switch my Elite status from Silver to Gold status for 25,000 points
- Switch my Elite status from Basic to Silver status for 7,500 points
This can be a great offer for Platinum buy back.
For Marriott Rewards Gold elite you might want to consider the Air China frequent flyer offer as a cheaper alternative. I received an instant upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold in November.