Stay a Friday or Saturday night at a Marriott or JW Marriott in US and Canada from February 10 to March 27, 2011 and earn a $100 Bonus Bucks certificate eligible on future two-night weekend stay. Offer valid for stays booked January 21-February 11, 2011. Promotion Code R6M.
Marriott Hotels “Plan a Winter Getaway” promotion link.
Earning $100 Marriott Bonus Bucks
- Book reservation using Promo Code R6M Jan 21- Feb 11 at
- JW Marriott or Marriott Hotel in US or Canada.
- Reservation must include a Friday or Saturday night.
- Complete stay including a Friday or Saturday night from February 10 to March 27, 2011.
Redeeming $100 Marriott Weekend Bonus Bucks
- $100 Weekend Bonus Bucks certificate is valid at JW Marriott or Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide.
- Future stay must include a Friday or Saturday night on a minimum two-night stay.
- Bonus Bucks certificate expires 6 months after issuance.
$100 TravelChecks Airfare Certificate
This promotion also includes a $100 airfare certificate valid for tickets over $250.
- Airfare certificate usage is restricted to redemption at travelchecksbooking.com.
- Flight certificate must be registered with travelchecksbooking.com by May 15, 2011.
- Flight certificate expires January 15, 2012.
- Minimum ticket price must be $250.
- Travel only valid for 48 states and select cities in Canada.
- Terms state certificate is valid for $25 to $100 discount, however, specific details are not in Marriott terms indicating ticket price levels needed for various discounts.
- $9.95 service fee for ticket issuance through travelchecksbooking .com.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis
Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA – Saturday Feb 12, 2011
- $119 R6M rate
- $119 Saturday night stay in Washington D.C. earns $100 Bonus Bucks.
Redeem $100 Bonus Bucks at Monterey Marriott for two night weekend.
Monterey Marriott, Thursday April 21 – Saturday April 23, 2011:
Room rate for Marriott Monterey is $170 per night or $340 for weekend stay. Bonus bucks reduces the cost for Marriott Monterey to just $120 per night. That is a lower rate than Hyatt Monterey ($161), Hilton Garden Inn Monterey ($127) or Marriott Courtyard Salinas ($135) or Marriott Residence Inn Salinas ($150) for the same dates. InterContinental Monterey is $171 for those dates.
Total room rate for 3 paid nights = $459 – $100 = $359. This is a 22% rebate.
Even bigger savings are possible if you want to maximize cheap rooms. The $100 bonus bucks certificate can be earned at some hotels with room rates under $100. There are opportunities to redeem the $100 at hotels with a weekend two night stay costing under $200. This brings the total cost for three Marriott hotel nights to just $200 while earning Marriott Rewards points and elite nights credit.
$100 Airfare Certificate
Unfortunately there is insufficient information provided regarding the airfare certificate for Loyalty Traveler analysis. The certificate will likely reduce the cost of a ticket, but you must be willing to work with a third party agency for ticket issuance and there is a $9.95 fee. The terms indicate the discount may only be $25 for a $250 ticket and with the service charge that is only $15 savings.
Personally I would not deal with a third party to save $15 on airfare. When trouble arises in flight travel, I find it much better to have booked my ticket directly with the airline.
Obviously this is a much better value and possibly worth your time if you qualify for a $100 discount on airfare.
Loyalty Traveler Promotion Rating: 3-Key Discount Rate (good value hotel rate promotion)