Stay any weekend from January 1 through April 30, 2011 at an IHG hotel brand including Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites or Holiday Inn Express at any location worldwide and receive up to $100 rebate in the form of a prepaid Visa card for airline baggage fees paid for a flight in conjunction with your hotel stay.
IHG doubled the $50 rebate offered for hotel weekend stays Sep 1 – Dec 30, 2010. Here is my Loyalty Traveler post on IHG’s 2010 free bags offer.
Three main caveats for this offer: US members only, requires two-night weekend stay in conjunction with a flight; must pay hotel with VISA credit card.
And if you meet all three of those requirements, then you can fill out the CheckItFree2 rebate form for a Visa prepaid card.
There are a variety of fine print terms for this offer. I have attempted to pull out the relevant details for earning this IHG baggage rebate offer.
- Hotel stay must include two consecutive weekend nights including a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Flight must originate within three days of hotel check-in or check-out and coincide with hotel weekend stay.
- Hotel must be paid with a Visa credit card. IHG bookings and third-party bookings eligible for rebate if hotel paid with Visa.
- Flight and baggage fees do not require Visa payment. Only the IHG hotel weekend stay requires Visa payment.
- Guest name for hotel stay must match airline baggage fee payment name.
- IHG $100 Rebate form requires copy of airline baggage receipt and IHG hotel stay folio.
- Third-party bookings for IHG hotels (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity) are eligible for $100 baggage rebate. A copy of the travel agency booking showing Visa credit card payment is required in addition to the hotel stay folio and baggage receipts.
- Rebate covers up to two bags per hotel stay for fees incurred on one roundtrip airline ticket.
- One rebate per roundtrip flight in conjunction with one IHG weekend hotel stay.
- There is no earning limit for qualified rebates during the promotion period.
- Rebate is based on airline’s baggage fee for one normal size and weight bag. [LT note: Higher baggage fee items for oversized or overweight baggage for your bicycle, skis, surfboard or gold bars may not be fully rebated, even if under $100.]
- Rebate is in form of IHG Visa Prepaid card. [LT Note and Warning: Visa prepaid card has $3 monthly maintenance fee waived for first 6 months. Six months after prepaid Visa card issuance the balance will incur a $3 monthly deduction.]