Hyatt Gold Passport has confirmed Diamond elite members may apply a 2010 Diamond suite certificate for a hotel booking made by February 28, 2011 for a future hotel stay later in 2011. The only catch is the Gold Passport Diamond elite member suite upgrade 2010 certificate is forfeited if the Hyatt reservation is cancelled after February 28, 2011.
This would have been a valuable piece of information for me in February 2010 when I let one Hyatt confirmed suite upgrade go unused. I would have booked a Hyatt Hotel for my March 2010 trip to Florida if I had realized I could apply my remaining 2009 Gold Passport suite upgrade that expired February 28, 2010 to a March 2010 hotel reservation.
Great news for those of us who still have Gold Passport Diamond elite confirmed suite upgrades available with just three months to go before the 2010 suite upgrade certificates expire. I have burned two of my four annual certificates in the past two weeks. Still one more in my account and now I know that I have a booking opportunity option for a future hotel stay upgrade if my remaining 2010 certificate has not been used by February 28, 2011.
Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond elite membership requires 25 hotel stays or 50 hotel nights in a calendar year. Hyatt Gold passport has offered a stays count double promotion for part of every year for the past several years. We will see if 2011 follows suit.
Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond elite benefits include four confirmed suite upgrade certificates annually.
Suite upgrade is valid on paid nights, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights; excludes Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Park Hyatt Sydney, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hyatt Vacation Club Resorts.
From Hyatt Gold Passport Terms & Conditions
- Diamond members will be issued four (4) suite upgrade awards, in their account, annually, defined as March 1st of the current year through the last day of February of the following year.
- Awards can be tracked through “My Promotional Awards” on goldpassport.com.
- A complimentary suite upgrade is valid on paid nights, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights, at participating Hyatt hotels where suite accommodations are available.
- Suite upgrade awards must be redeemed at time of reservation.
- Member must call 800.400.2261 or their nearest worldwide reservation center to redeem upgrade award.
- Upgrade awards are not available at Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Park Hyatt Sydney and Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites or Hyatt Vacation Club Resorts.
- Guest must pay an eligible rate.
- For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Suite upgrade award is not valid toward Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites.
- Award is not transferable, negotiable or redeemable for cash or other substitutions.
- Credit will not be issued for unused upgrade awards.
- Guest is responsible for all charges exclusive of awards.
- There are limited numbers of suites available at each property.