Pad your ass over the holidays since the winner of this sweepstakes and one companion will have unlimited free economy class flights between Los Angeles and Adelaide, Australia for most of 2011.
The sponsor gives this prize an ARV of $5,000. My quick check shows February fares in the US$1,250 range. That is $2,500 for one set of roundtrip tickets for two. South Australia Tourism seems to think the winner may only make two roundtrips with a companion in 2011.
I would love to see an avid FlyerTalker win this award and make 40 roundtrips for two and become a new social media sensation with a frequently updated travel blog like AIAPIMA.com or “Australia is a pain in my Ass”.
Who knows? Fly more often than the Qantas flight crews and you might find yourself receiving mercy from flight attendants upgrading you to empty Business Class seats now and then.
The sweepstakes entry period is November 1 – December 31, 2010. Winner will be notified around January 15, 2011.
This sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 48 states and D.C.
We all know Hawaii is not part of the U.S. since Obama was elected President and I guess Sarah Palin actually moved Alaska much closer to Russia than any of us realized.
“Unlimited Flights to South Australia on Qantas Sweepstakes” – Main fine print details for
- Free air travel on Qantas is for Los Angeles – Adelaide, Australia routings.
- Travel is only allowed February 1, 2011 to June 15, 2011; July 15, 2011 to December 10, 2011. So this is actually 9.33 months of free travel in 2011.
- All travel must be completed within 90 days of ticket issuance.
- No Friday or Saturday travel permitted in either direction.
- Grand prize travel is excluded from frequent flier mileage credit or mileage redemption for upgrade.
- Winner and companion are responsible for all airline taxes and surcharges.
Enter sweepstakes at http://www.unlimitedflightstoaustralia.com/