Book a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night stay at any IHG brand hotel in the U.S. by December 31, 2010 and stay between November 5 and April 30, 2011 to earn a $50 flight credit coupon for any single airline to anywhere.
IHG Black Friday Deal comes hot on the heels of the Priority Club Anywhere Challenge game. IHG has offered the most creative marketing promotions of 2010.
There are a couple of statements in the promotion webpage that do not match up with the more favorable terms listed in the promotion full terms & conditions page.
Here are the most pertinent details as I understand them from the T&C page and I have pointed out some of the discrepancies between the promotion webpage and the promotion T&C page. I’ll watch this offer to see if there are T&C changes over the next few days. There are loads of details to this offer.
Earning IHG $50 flight credit
- Must be an IHG Priority Club member.
- Must be legal resident of 50 U.S. or D.C. and age of majority (18).
- Advance registration required for this offer at www.ihg.com/50Free
- Provide a valid email address where the flight credit coupon will be mailed.
- Book a minimum of one weekend night, Friday, Saturday or Sunday at any 50 U.S. or D.C. IHG brand hotel by December 31, 2010. (The Black Friday promotion ad states November 29 booking date, however, the full terms & conditions for this offer states the eligible booking dates are between November 1 to December 31, 2010.)
- There is no maximum number of awards that may be earned with this offer.
- Allow two to four weeks after stay to receive $50 flight credit email coupon.
Redeeming IHG $50 flight credit
- You must register and activate your flight credit award within 30 days of the date the award email is sent.
- Flight credit registration site is www.activateaward.com/IHG-FFC
- Flight credit must be redeemed within 3 months of Award registration.
- All travel using $50 flight credit must be completed within 3 months of booking flight.
- The Priority Club member who earns the flight credit must be the flight passenger. Flight credits are not transferrable.
- Flights must be on a single carrier.
- Flight must be booked with 21-day advance and include a Saturday night stay.
- Flight can be on any carrier to any destination. (The promotion T&C state the flight credit is good for any destination, while the promotion page states “Get $50 off a flight to any U.S. destination.” The full T&C terms indicate this credit is good for international flights too.)
- Flight must be booked through a specific travel agency ATG (CST# 2001330-10 and Florida Seller of Travel Registration #35395, and Nevada Seller of Travel Registration No. 240000054).
- ATG is open from 8:30AM to 5:00PM (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday, and closed on holidays.
- Only one $50 flight credit award can be redeemed per trip.
- Credit is off lowest published fare at time of booking. Terms indicate any flight price found online is eligible for this offer.
The flight credit timeline is a little confusing.
Here is a hypothetical timeline scenario.
November 1, 2010 – Register for the IHG flight credit promotion.
(Please do not forget the registration step. I must admit I was shocked to learn that I had never actually registered for the Stay 2 times and earn a free night with the IHG Sweet Dilemma promotion. My hotel stay at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove for the Chicago Seminar DO two weeks ago did not count; no retroactive credit for Sweet Dilemma offer or this flight credit offer. I missed out on a qualifying hotel stay for the two stays and earn a free night credit. Remember to register for this promotion before your hotel stay.)
November 15, 2010 – Book a Holiday Inn in Omaha, NE.
November 26, 2010 – Complete a Friday night IHG hotel stay in Omaha, NE.
Around December 10 – Receive the $50 flight credit award by email.
By January 9, 2011 – Register the flight credit award www.activateaward.com/IHG-FFC.
Jan 9 to April 9, 2011 – Within 90 days of award registration you must book a flight that will be completed within three months of flight booking.
April 9 to July 9, 2011 – flight completed.
You can potentially earn a flight credit usable for flights through all of 2011 by staying at an IHG brand hotel in the U.S. in late April 2011 with this promotion offer.