The HHonors website fails to provide easy to find links to the HHonors reward charts. Here are the various HHonors reward charts with website links.
Hilton HHonors made major changes to its standard and VIP reward charts with the January 15, 2010 hotel category changes when about 83% of the 3,500 or so hotels in HHonors increased by one hotel reward category.
Hilton HHonors Standard Rewards Chart
Hilton HHonors VIP Rewards Chart
HHonors VIP elite members (Silver, Gold, Diamond) have access to discounted rewards. The discount is a fixed rate for HHonors category 4, 5, 6 and 7 hotels.
4-nights VIP reward = 15% discount on standard nightly reward rate (HHonors is only program to discount 4-night stays)
5-nights VIP reward = 20% discount on standard nightly reward rate (Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest also give a 20% points discount on 5-night rewards.)
6-nights or longer VIP reward = 25% discount on standard nightly reward rate (biggest standard discount for hotel loyalty programs)
Note on HHonors Category 3 hotel VIP rewards:
Since category 3 uses same VIP rewards as category 4 hotels, there is a smaller discount when VIP rewards are used for category 3 hotels.
Category 3 hotels are shown as being the same VIP reward cost as Category 4 hotels. This actually changed in 2011 even though the chart was never changed to give the standard discount rate of 15% points on 4-night stays, 20% on 5-nights and 25% on 6 nights or more.
Category 3 VIP reward cost
- 25,000 points = Standard Reward rate
- 85,000 points = VIP 4-night reward
- 100,000 points = VIP 5-night reward
- 112,500 points = VIP 6-night reward.
- 18,750 points per night (25% discount) for 7 or more nights.
American Express AXON Rewards
(HHonors American Express card members have complimentary HHonors Silver VIP elite membership.)
The net effect of category shift in 2010 (category 6 hotels moving up to category 7 hotels) is zero for American Express card members. The AXON6 in 2009 cost 145,000 points. These same hotels are almost all category 7 hotels in 2010 and the AXON7 in 2010 still costs 145,000 points.
Hilton HHonors Point Stretcher Reward Chart
HHonors Point Stretcher rewards give a 40% discount on the standard reward rate. This reward option had faded out over the past couple of years and these rewards were unavailable for much of the past year. In September 2010 the participating hotels in the Point Stretcher reward list was the largest selection of hotels I recall seeing in several years with several hundred hotels.
Hilton HHonors Waldorf Astoria Collection Rewards Chart
Waldorf Astoria Collection is Hilton’s fast growing luxury brand. There are currently 23 WAC properties. Most of these hotels use the same reward chart. Waldorf Astoria Park City, Utah; Beach House, Maldives; and Grand Wailea use different reward charts.
Las Casitas are WAC villas associated with the El Conquistador Resort in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. I am not sure where these fall in the 2010 reward chart. In 2009 the rates were listed as 125,000 points per night (2-bedroom ocean view); 150,000 points per night for 3-bedroom garden view and 180,000 points per night for 3-bedroom villa ocean view.
London Syon Park is opening in December 2010 adjacent to a historic manor house estate.
Qasr al Sharq in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is a Waldorf Astoria Hotel not shown in these reward charts. This hotel was listed at 120,000 points per night for a junior suite and 160,000 points per night for an executive suite in the 2009 charts and in this 2008 InsideFlyer article, however, I can’t find a current link to reward nights. Anyone else know?
The Waldorf Astoria Reward Codes and Points (links go to hotel site pages)
- Arizona Biltmore | Phoenix, Arizona
- Boca Beach Club, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Boca Raton, Florida
- Boca Raton Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Boca Raton, Florida
- Casa Marina Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Key West, Florida
- Edgewater Beach Hotel | Naples, Florida
- El Conquistador Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Fajardo, Puerto Rico
- El San Juan Hotel & Casino, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | San Juan, Puerto Rico
- La Quinta Resort & Club | La Quinta, California (Palm Springs area)
- Naples Grande Beach Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Naples, Florida
- Rome Cavalieri | Rome, Italy
- The Bentley, London | London, UK
- The Boulders Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Scottsdale, Arizona
- The Reach Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | Key West, Florida
- The Roosevelt Hotel New Orleans, The Waldorf Astoria Collection | New Orleans, Louisiana
- The Waldorf=Astoria® | New York, New York
- Trianon Palace Versailles, Waldorf Astoria Collection | Versailles, France
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando | Orlando, Florida
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund | Shanghai, China
19. Waldorf Astoria Park City | Park City, Utah
20. The Beach House Maldives, Manafaru Island, Maldives
21. Grand Wailea, Waldorf Astoria Collection | Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
Waldorf Astoria Collection VIP Rewards
When the HHonors changes were first announced in October 2009 there was a link to the WAC rewards. The url for that page is still listed on the HHonors site, but now loads a blank page. Here is what the chart looked like before.
Group A should be the main group of hotels shown as #1-18 above. The VIP Reward discount for Waldorf Astoria Collection hotels is still 15% on 4-night VIP Rewards; 20% on 5-night rewards; 25% on 6-night or longer (up to 14 nights) rewards.
Group B was the Dakota Mountain Lodge in 2009, renamed in 2010 as the Waldorf Astoria Park City. The Beach House Maldives should also be in group B.
Group C was the Grand Wailea and the Bentley London in the original list. It looks like the Bentley London reduced its rates for 2010 and is now a Group A property.
High season dates need to be checked for each hotel. I do not see this information posted on HHonors or hotel pages.
Again, this WAC chart is from a Hilton webpage posted in October 2009 regarding the 2010 changes. The page was removed from the Hilton site and there does not appear to be a current link to a Waldorf Astoria Collection VIP Rewards chart.
Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Hilton has a feature similar to Hyatt with the option to use reward nights for stays in timeshare resort rentals for less cost than a typical hotel reward. These Vacation Club properties are often located adjacent to hotel properties.
Hilton HHonors Standard Hotel Rewards (only shows single night rate)
Hilton HHonors All-Inclusive Resorts (two resorts in Costa Rica and two in Egypt)
Hilton HHonors Reward Categories (HHonors requires search of specific hotels by country, and in the US the list can be narrowed down by state. Highly inefficient search engine compared to Hyatt, Marriott and SPG which allow all hotels globally in any specific category to be displayed in one list.)