Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) has an offer for one free night after every five stays in 2010. This has been available since January 1 and is a 2010 year-long promotion from Leaders Club Rewards, the hotel loyalty program for LHW. There are 450 luxury hotel members in 80 countries in the LHW chain.
The free night after 5 stays may very well be a continuing loyalty program benefit similar to Kimpton’s free night after 7 stays. But Kimpton continually counts stays across calendar years and the LHW benefit specifically states 5 stays in 2010 earn a free night.
I missed seeing this LHW 2010 loyalty program offer until now. When I searched for details I saw TMTravelWorld mentioned this offer on BoardingArea.com back in December.
The LHW Leaders Club Rewards Loyalty Deal (Leaders Club Rewards webpage link)
Earn one free night at any Leading Hotel member after every five stays in 2010.
- Leaders Club member must stay in at least two different hotels.
- Reservations must be made through Leading Hotels of the World booking channels. http://www.lhw.com/
- Reservations made directly with hotel do not qualify. Must use LHW booking channel.
Redeem free night at any member hotel.
- All LHW hotels participate in Leaders Club Rewards.
- Free night certificate is valid for one year from date of issue.
- Award certificates are not transferrable.
- There is no limit on free nights earned.
- Some hotels have some blackout dates for award nights.
- Only one room will receive stay credit per hotel stay even if booking multiple rooms.
I will do some hotel searches and a cost/benefit analysis in a later post. There must be some great leverage opportunities with this offer. The trick is to find the $100 hotel rooms for earning (are there any?) and the $500 hotel rooms for burning (there must be some)!
Leaders Club basic membership is free. One of the published benefits is a one category room upgrade for members. Early and late departure and an arrival gift are other published benefits.
There are also two paid membership levels at $300 annually for Leaders Club Access membership and a staggering $2,000 annual fee for Leaders Club Unlimited membership. It is a mystery to me what the benefits exactly entail for the paid memberships. I searched the web and did not find any enlightening anecdotes from members.
You may recall Leading Hotels of the World as the hotel company behind the disastrous $19.28 room night promotion back in October 2008. The LHW Computer Says No post on October 1, 2008 is still the biggest single day readership Loyalty Traveler blog has had.