Starwood 1,000 bonus points for summer stays
“Far Away is Closer than You Think”
The picture of the white sand beach and palm tree caught my eye. 1,000 bonus Starpoints definitely captured my attention.
“From the beaches of the Caribbean to the Maldives, Starpoints take you farther. Earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints for Sunday through Thursday stays at participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts now through September 30, 2008.”
Registration is required online or by telephone at 888-625-4988 and mention code M7A.
– Valid on new reservations only.
– Not valid on group rates like AAA, senior rates, but may be available on some corporate rates
– Only one bonus per stay that includes a Sunday through Thursday night.
– Four Points hotel brand stays only earn 500 Starpoints
– Participating hotels are only in North America and specific months of participation varies from hotel to hotel.
– Participating hotels in USA
– Participating hotels in Hawaii
– Participating hotels in Canada
– Participating hotels in Caribbean
I understand the W Retreat and Spa Maldives is Starwood’s trophy travel luxury property in Central Asia, but mentioning the Maldives in a North American promotion for 1,000 Starpoints is a drop in the bucket – or sand in the face- for the 60,000 Starpoints per night requirement for an award stay at the W Maldives Indian Ocean island location.
Wouldn’t “From the beaches of the Caribbean to Hawaii” be more appropriate ad copy for this North American promotion?
Regardless, I just booked a mid-week stay and the 1,000 Starpoints is a welcome bonus promotion for summer travel in the USA.