A FlyerTalk thread started yesterday about the targeted Hyatt Gold Passport promotion emails sent yesterday. Lucky at One Mile at a Time posted about his targeted offer for 50,000 points after 20 nights at Hyatt Hotels between September 1 to November 30, 2014.
He included a link to the offer. I tried the link and received the message that I was not eligible.
Honestly, I did not like this same Endless Possibilities offer when it came out in fall 2013 since 20 nights is a pace far beyond the average traveler. This year the offer does not include MGM Resort properties in Las Vegas, so an even more restrictive offer.
2,000 bonus points on three stays is my offer for 6,000 bonus points
I received my targeted offer less than two hours ago at 3:36pm California time.
I am Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This offer pleases me. Three one-night stays in a 3-month period is totally achievable for me and offers a better bonus than the 50,000 points offer which would require 6 hotel nights to earn 6,500 points. I can earn 6,000 bonus points in three nights.
Terms & Conditions
You will receive 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first Eligible Stay, an additional 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your second Eligible Stay, and an additional 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your third Eligible Stay from September 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014. A maximum 6,000 bonus points may be earned, regardless of the number of stays completed during the offer period. For the purpose of this offer, an “Eligible Stay” is defined in the terms and conditions of Hyatt Gold Passport, except that stays at M life resorts do not count as Eligible Stays under this offer. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive Eligible Stay credit for their room, regardless of the number of rooms paid. You must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at the time of check-in and choose points or miles for your stay. Hyatt Gold Passport will automatically track Eligible Stays when you provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number. Please allow two to three weeks after your stay for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Here are versions of Hyatt Gold Passport targeted offers on FlyerTalk:
- After completing your tenth Eligible Night from September 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014, you will receive Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond membership, valid through February 2016.
- 2000 points after one stay; 2,000 points maximum
- 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus points after each of your next 2 eligible stays from September 1 through November 30, 2014. That’s a total of up to 4,000 points!
- 5000 points after one stay, 5,000 points maximum.
- 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus points after each of your next 3 eligible stays from September 1 through November 30, 2014. That’s a total of up to 6,000 points!
- 8,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete two Eligible Stays from September 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014. A maximum 8,000 bonus points may be earned, regardless of the number of stays completed during the offer period.
- 10,000 points after 3 nights.
- 50,000 points after 20 nights.
Have you received one of these offers or a different offer? Are you happy or unhappy with the targeted Hyatt Gold Passport offers?
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out current hotel loyalty program offers across all the major chains in Loyalty Traveler’s monthly hotel promotions guide.
Follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.