Starwood Preferred Guest Earn Your Dreams is a promotion for Double Points 2x, Triple Points 3x and 3,000 bonus points per stay for Starwood Hotels in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
T&C for this promotion do not show promotion dates.
My rate analysis shows this offer is a promotion with comparable rates available with AAA, however, higher than advance purchase rates. The advantage of the 2x-3x offer is the flexible cancellation policy compared to the lower prepaid rates.
Warsaw Sheraton July 3, 2017
- Double Points on Classic Rooms (4 points/$1))
- Triple Points on Deluxe Rooms (6 points/$1)
Double Points Deluxe Room = 772.20 PLN ($207.77 USD) after tax (double points rate and no penalty cancellation to July 2).
Triple Points Grand Deluxe Room = 934.20 PLN ($251.36 USD) after tax (triple points rate and no penalty cancellation to July 2).
The first issue I see at this hotel is the SPG Earn Your Dreams offer states double/triple points for classic/deluxe, but actual room choices are Deluxe (double points) and Grand Deluxe (triple points).
Advance Purchase comparison
Grand Deluxe Room = 820 PLN ($220.91 USD) / 886 PLN after tax ($238.20 USD)
There is no advantage to advance purchase rate for this specific room hotel and date to AAA rate for an additional 45 cents per night.
AAA rate and Triple Points rate comparison
Grand Deluxe Room = 822 PLN ($220.91 USD) / 887.49 PLN after tax ($238.65 USD)
Triple Points rate is 865 PLN ($232.47 USD) before tax, which is portion of room rate earning triple points.
232.47 x 6 SPG points/ $1 = 1,395 Starpoints with triple points rate.
220.91 x 2 SPG points/$1 = 442 Starpoints with AAA rate.
This promotion offers an additional 953 Starpoints for an additional $12.71 per night room rate.
This is equivalent to buying points for $13.34 per 1,000 points. Buying Starpoints for under $14 per 1,000 points is a good deal for this hotel night.
Earn Your Dreams T&C
• Offer is valid in participating hotels.
• Package includes double, triple or 3,000 Starpoints.
• Starpoints will be awarded per paid eligible stay on room revenue only
• Starpoints earned on other eligible charges will not be bonused.
• Only the member’s base Starpoints will be bonused. Additional bonuses earned, including but not limited to 50% elite status points or online booking bonuses will not be doubled.
• Double/Triple/3,000 Starpoints per stay per stay will be credited to the member’s account within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest account.
• Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.
• An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs that occur.
• Basic room rates do not include additional per room per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes. Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability.
• A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates and additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
• Offer not applicable to groups or with other special offers.
• Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions.
• All promotions associated with Starwood Preferred Guest® are subject to the general terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, which are subject to change without notice. Full terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program are found at www.spg.com.
• Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.