Over the years I have earned and purchased Best Western Rewards points. There are not many places where I find the reward rate is a compelling value compared to the paid rate. This is why the opportunity to buy 10,000 Best Western Rewards points today for $55, up to 50,000 points for $275, will unlikely sell out today in Daily Getaways.
However, I have found some great reward stay deals using Best Western Rewards points. In this post, I share some of my experiences staying at some Best Western Premier and Best Western Plus hotels on low paid rates and reward stays using points.
Four things to know about Best Western Rewards:
1. The program has seasonal rates. I have seen hotels that are 8,000 points in the off-season and 32,000 or 36,000 points in peak season. Most of my redemptions occur at hotels with low off-season reward rates.
2. Pooling of Points is available for individuals who share the same residential mailing address with a Member. Pooling is the collective earning of Points in one Account by individuals with the same mailing address. BWR T&C. This means a couple can purchase 100,000 points in Daily Getaways.
3. Best Western Rewards offers different room categories, including some premium room types at some hotels.
4. Best Western Hotels have around 2,000 properties outside of the USA. Places like Denmark, Norway, Finland and Poland have Best Western hotels in cities and towns where there are no other major chain hotels.
Finding the better hotels in the Best Western chain is the issue. Here are links to assist in locating some of the best Best Western hotels of the 4,200 worldwide.
Best Western Premier Collection list of locations (highest tier level of hotels in chain).
One thing to know about Daily Getaways Best Western Rewards points
1. I have never seen Best Western Rewards points sell out on the day of the Daily Getaways offer. These points are usually available for at least a couple of weeks.
Here are reviews of some of the best Best Western Hotel stays I had in the past two years using points.
On the Beach at Best Western Tin Wis Resort Tofino, British Columbia (April 28, 2015). 24,000 points per night stay.
Best Western Premier Amsterdam Hotel Couture hotel review (Jan 31, 2016).
Best Western Premier Q Hotel Krakow, down by the River Vistula (Jan 25, 2017). 12,000 Points per night stay.
Best Western Bonum Gdansk, Poland $39 suite (Mar 11, 2017).
Finding Good Value REwards stays using Best Western Rewards Points
While most of my Best Western hotel stays are paid stays, all it takes is one good hotel reward stay deal to get great value from these Daily Getaways points.
Here is a high value example I see for a summer stay at Best Western Hotel Jurata, a beach hotel on a sandy, forested spit in Poland extending into the Baltic Sea.
Best Western Hotel Jurata, Poland
Mon July 17 – Sat July 22 (5 nights) = $1,129.20 USD (4,495.50 PLN).
or redeem 100,000 Best Western Rewards points for this stay in Poland.
A couple can buy 100,000 Best Western Rewards points today for $550 and save 50% on the published rate for this hotel stay in summer 2017.