This past week has seen some great flight deals for travel from west coast airports LAX, SFO and SEA to Europe with deep discounts from Star Alliance, Skyteam and Oneworld member airlines to many places in Europe.
Today, most of those deals from the past week are gone.
Loyalty Traveler – 30+ Fare Deals for USA and International Flights from west coast airports is a summary of fare deals available this past week to Europe and other places around the globe. Yesterday there were all kinds of deals to Europe from LAX, and today most are gone.
Aeroflot and Norwegian Airlines look to be the low fare carriers once again with the lowest fares to Europe from LAX and SFO area over the next two months.
Over the past year legacy airlines offered limited windows of time when their fares match or beat Norwegian Airlines, who fly from Los Angeles LAX and Oakland OAK. That window was open for the past week, but looks like it has been shut today based on prices over $900 roundtrip to cities that were $200 to $300 less yesterday. The only deals remaining with the major alliance airlines are for Scandinavian airports like Copenhagen and Billund, Denmark.
Billund, Denmark BLL airport is one to consider due to low cost carriers operating from BLL to the rest of Europe.
Google Flights LAX-Europe for May 5 – 12 roundtrip price map [click image to see full-size for airfare prices].
There are several cities with lower fares today than seen in the past week.
- Geneva $890
- Amsterdam $895
- Brussels $897
- Milan $897
- Paris $925
- Frankfurt $955
The deal is these flights are all on Russia’s Aeroflot via Moscow SVO.
Lowest Roundtrip Europe fares from LAX
Lowest Roundtrip Europe fares from LAX for April and May 2015 travel today, Most of these flights are Norwegian Airlines which operates nonstop flights to London and Oslo from LAX.
- LAX – OSL Oslo, Norway $533 Norwegian Airlines (April 8 or April 22 departure)
- LAX – ARN Stockholm, Sweden $570 Norwegian Airlines mostly Tuesday departures through May 12.
- LAX – CPH Copenhagen, Denmark $594 Air Canada (United/SAS $625; KLM $640) May 5-12 fare available into June for departures.
- LAX-BLL Billund, Denmark $637 to $656 United/Lufthansa for Tuesday and Wednesday departures through June 16.
- LAX – SXF Berlin, Germany $708 Norwegian Airlines (April 14-22)
- LAX – PRG Prague, Czech Republic $661 (April 26-May 6); $735 Norwegian Airlines (May 3-12)
- LAX – LHR London, UK $791 Norwegian Airlines (May 6-12) available on a few dates. You can also fly Norwegian one-way to London and come back from a different city or use miles to return as a low fare strategy.
- LAX – DUB Dublin, Ireland $814 Aer Lingus
- LAX – IST Istanbul, Turkey $854 Iberia (May 1-8 with overnight in Madrid both directions)
Billund BLL Denmark
Billund BLL Denmark is a good gateway for RyanAir flights and other low cost carriers to cities in Europe. RyanAir (London STN) and Air Berlin (Berlin, Germany) fly from BLL. Wizz Air and WOW Air will begin flights in June 2015 to Iceland and Gdansk, Poland.
Google Flights Billund, Denmark BLL – STN London, Stansted as low as $38 roundtrip on Ryanair with wide open dates for low fares under $50 roundtrip.