Marriott Rewards is kind of like a Hotel Loyalty Scouts program with badges, if you have the desire to adorn your Marriott Rewards profile with a sash of personal achievements and milestones of your hotel loyalty.
Marriott Rewards started a badge game last August to confer bragging rights to members who opt in to receive badges. Beyond simple adornment, some of the Marriott Rewards badges earn points. Don’t get excited about the points. You might earn 1,000 extra points after thousands of dollars in hotel stays.
Ready to play? You simply need to opt in on your Marriott Rewards account.
A word of warning to head off your question with a disappointing answer…
Your past Marriott Rewards activity does not count. Badge earning requirements start only after you have opted in for the game.
Member level badge – there is a badge to match your Marriott Rewards elite level as seen in the screenshot above. No points earned for this badge.
Brand Loyalist – Earn 25 points and a brand badge after two stays at a brand.
- JW Marriott
- Autograph Collection
- Renaissance Hotels
- AC Hotels
- SpringHill Suites
- Fairfield Inn
- Residence Inn
- TownePlace Suites
- Gaylord Hotels
- Marriott Vacation Club
There are no badges for Marriott Executive Apartments or Protea Hotels, the African hotel chain Marriott acquired last year. Or Moxy, the new millennial focused brand. Then, there is the luxury brand Bulgari, which does not even participate in Marriott Rewards.
Marriott Brand Explorer Badges
- Stay at 5 different Marriott hotel brands and earn 5-brand explorer badge and 50 points.
- 10-brand explorer badge earns 75 points.
- 14-brand explorer badge earns 250 points.
Marriott Road Warrior Badges
- Stay 100 nights at Marriott hotel brands and earn 100 night badge and 25 points.
- Stay 500 nights and earn 500 night badge and 125 points.
- Stay 1000 nights and earn 1000 night badge and 250 points.
Social Maven Badges
- Participate in Plus Points and earn a social badge.
- Donate to IFRC or Hotels for Heroes and earn a Good Citizen Badge and 25 points.
- Refer a Friend and earn the Refer a Friend Badge.
Marriott Rewards Insiders has a thread on the Badge game. The primary sentiment expressed is disappointment that past Marriott Rewards activity does not count.