Starwood Hotels highlights growth in 2014 and anticipated growth for 2015 in a press release this week. There are some interesting data points.
Starwood Hotels opened 74 hotels in 26 countries in 2014.
Starwood Hotels signed 175 new management and franchise agreements in 2014. This is the most new deals since 2007.
2014 Milestones Starwood Hotels
- Starwood Hotels reached 1,200 hotels globally.
- 300th hotel in Asia Pacific and China
- 150th hotel in China (with all nine brands represented)
- 90th hotel in Africa and the Middle East
- 175th Luxury hotel
- 750th Upper Upscale hotel
- 300th Mid-Market hotel
- 12 new Starwood luxury hotels debuted in 2014. Starwood expects to open 25 more luxury hotels in 2015 and 2016.
- Westin opened 200th hotel.
- Aloft, Element and Four Points, mid-market Starwood Hotels brands opened 35 hotels in 2014.
- Element Frankfurt, Germany is first hotel outside USA for this brand. Hotels are in pipeline for Amsterdam and London.
Projected 2015/2016 milestones for Starwood Hotels
- Sheraton expected to open 500th hotel in 2016.
- Sheraton brand accounts for 40% Starwood Hotels new growth in Asia Pacific.
- Sheraton will open hotels in Iraq, Romania and Samoa in 2015.
- Le Meridien brand will grow more in 2015 than any year since 2005 acquisition. Most new hotels in Le Meridien brand will be hotel conversions.
- Le Meridien Dhaka, Bangladesh on March 1, 2015.
- Le Meridien Paro Riverfront, Bhutan May 1, 2015.
- Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa – Opening March 1, 2015
- Westin Doha, Qatar, October 2015, will be fourth Westin brand hotel in Middle East.
- Four Points, Aloft and Element mid-market segment account for 40% of Starwood’s global pipeline of new hotels and these brands will comprise 50% of Starwood hotel openings in 2015.
- Four Points will reach 200 hotels in 2015.
- Aloft will reach 100 open hotels in 2015. Aloft will expand in China and Germany.
Starwood Luxury Hotels
St. Regis Istanbul (March 1, 2015)
St. Regis Macau, Cotai Central (August 1, 2015)
St. Regis Dubai (October 1, 2015)
St. Regis Mumbai (no webpage or date. Some info on luxurylaunches.com)
Luxury Collection – The Grand Mansion, Nanjing, China (March 1, 2015)
Luxury Collection – The St. Anthony, San Antonio, Texas (March 19, 2015)
W Goa, India (November 1, 2015)