Today I updated the Loyalty Traveler Trips and Destinations page with 24 articles from my Norway trip last month and 12 articles from Minneapolis in February. I added some articles for Iowa and Chicago too.
From a blog perspective, pages are the static pages that are always listed on the home page. I have three pages on Loyalty Traveler with
Here are the Norway articles all in one place, along with other destination posts for 2014.
Norway September 3-17, 2014 Trip Posts
Norway for two weeks on a budget with a $541 United Airlines round trip ticket SFO-OSL, 216,000 Choice Privileges points for 13 nights with $6,000+ in hotel stays and $300 spending cash for the trip.
- Oslo, Norway walking on a summer day (Sep 6)
- Hotel Review Clarion Royal Christiania Oslo, Norway (Sep 6)
- Hotel Review Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion Oslo, Norway (Sep 7)
- Think before you eat whale meat (Sep 8)
- Six days in Norway and $6 spent on food (Sep 9)
- Hotel Review: Farris Bad, Ascend Collection Larvik, Norway (Sep 10)
- Hotel Review Farris Bad Kaupang Suite upgrade (Sep 10)
- Hotel Atlantic Sandefjord offers whaling culture experience and beds too (Sep 11)
- Hotel Atlantic Sandefjord, Clarion Collection (Sep 13)
- Oslo Sandefjord Torp Airport low cost flights (Sep 12)
- USA Branded Bergen (Sep 12)
- Oops! Radisson Royal Bergen hotel damaged Bryggen UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Sep 12)
- Walk like a Norwegian up Floyen in Bergen (Sep 13)
- Think before you eat Norwegian farmed salmon (Sep 13)
- Biked, hiked and psyched about Bergen (Sep 15)
- Clarion Collection No 13 Bergen, Norway (Sep 15)
- Clarion Collection Havnekontoret Bergen, TripAdvisor #1 hotel – Part One (Sep 16)
- Clarion Collection Havnekontoret Bergen – Part Two (Sep 16)
- Bergen Line to Oslo, 500 km by train (and bus) – Part One (Sep 18)
- Bergen Line to Oslo 500 km by train part two (Sep 19)
- How I stole 2 nights at The Thief Oslo with points (Sep 23)
- Hotel Review The Thief Oslo Room 603 (Sep 23)
- The Thief Oslo by design (Sep 24)
- Clarion Collection Folketeateret Oslo is recommended Nordic Choice Hotel (Sep 27)
Road Trip Posts from $105 one-week rental car deal Jacksonville, Florida to Norfolk, Virginia May 3-11, 2014
- Jacksonville and the St. Johns River (May 4)
- St. Augustine, Florida: History in Black and White (May 5)
- Casa Monica St. Augustine, Marriott Autograph Collection (May 6)
- $15 to $20 per day in May for one-way rental cars out of Florida (May 7)
- Notes from the Atlantic Intracoastal Road (May 9)
- If I’m Ever Back This Way (May 9)
- Images of Historic Charleston South Carolina (May 10)
- Hotel Review: Savannah Andaz Suite (May 11)
- Road tripping Highway 17 St. Augustine to Savannah, Georgia (May 13)
- St. Simons Island of Georgia’s Golden Isles (May 14)
- Hotel Review Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Marriott Autograph Collection (May 14)
- Southern City in Green: Savannah’s 22 Squares (May 17)
- Savannah’s ’Crown Jewels’ Monument Squares (May 18)
- Red wolves, alligators, dolphin and birds at Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge South Carolina (May 24)
Iowa and Chicago for #IPW 2014 (April 1-8, 2014)
Iowa sponsored tour
- Iowa, more than a four-letter word? (April 2)
- Hey L.A., looks like Fenelon Place Dubuque beats Angels Flight for shorter incline railway (April 3) – historic funicular in Dubuque, Iowa by Mississippi River rivals Los Angeles historic funicular.
- Hotel Julien Dubuque and Al Capone Suite (April 4)
- Bald eagles and eaglets in Iowa (April 5)
- Iowa Farm Country Shopping
- Iowa Ag Tours–Embrace the Tractor (April 14)
- Hotel Review: Upgraded, Hilton Garden Inn Ames, Iowa (Free sponsored hotel night on Iowa tour)
Chicago for U.S. Travel Association #IPW 2014
- 360 Chicago Views (formerly John Hancock Observatory) (April 7)
- Historic Renaissance Blackstone Chicago (April 8)
- Inn of Chicago, Ascend Collection one night for free – successful Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee claim. (April 12)
- Palmer House Hilton history of Chicago’s oldest hotel (April 14)
- Hotel Review: Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection, Marriott brand hotel (April 15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota February 13-21, 2014
- Beating Priceline again with a Minneapolis Hyatt Suite BRG (Feb 10, 2014)
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis hotel review (Feb 19)
- Largest hotel fitness center I’ve seen (Hyatt Regency Minneapolis) – (Feb 17)
- Hilton Minneapolis in pictures (Feb 21) Photo essay from visit to 821-room downtown Minneapolis hotel. Hilton has two other higher rated hotels in city.
- Chillin’ Minneapolis for Valentine’s Day (Feb 14)
- Freezin’ for a Reason with Cupid’s Undie Run Minneapolis (Feb 15)
- Bridging the Great Divide in Minneapolis (Feb 15)
- Craft Beer Revival in Minneapolis (Feb 16)
- Down by the river Minneapolis, then and now (Feb 17) is a story about the city’s industrial past of timber and flour mills and urban renewal of the Mississippi riverfront.
- Depositing Points in the Westin Minneapolis BANK (Feb 18) The Westin Minneapolis BANK restaurant occupies a former bank lobby and the wine is stored in a bank vault.
- TripAdvisor #1 attraction is Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Feb 22) A fine art museum founded in the gilded age of Minneapolis. Well worth time to visit.
- Hotel Ivy Minneapolis, Starwood Luxury Collection in photos (Feb 28, 2014)
Detroit, North America International Auto Show (Jan 9-15, 2014)
Ford Motor Company invited me to be their guest in Detroit for the auto show. By chance I stayed two days at The Henry, an Autograph Collection hotel of Marriott before the start of the Ford event and I spent one day at the Henry Ford Museum. Great museum.
- Ford Clay Modeling exhibit featuring Ford technician-artist modeling a Ford Mustang on site at 2014 North America International Auto Show Detroit.
- From Monterey to Detroit NAIAS flying United on Ford’s Dime (Jan 9, 2014)
- The Henry, Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel in Dearborn, Michigan (Jan 10)
- Aviation History at the Henry For Museum – Part 1 (Jan 11, 2014) I did not know that Ford Motor Company was one of the powerhouse manufacturers of aircraft in the 1920s – until I went to the Ford museum.
- History of Early Commercial Aviation at Henry Ford Museum – Part 2 Travel Remembrances of Things Past – discovering my life memories in Henry Ford Museum exhibits kind of blew my mind with the realization that I am getting old.
- Detroit in my Pictures – a few snaps of Detroit.
- World’s First Airport Hotel, historic Dearborn Inn, a Marriott Hotel (Jan 16)
- Intro to Dearborn Ford Land and #FordNAIAS (Jan 16, 2014)
- Hotel Review: Westin Metropolitan Detroit Airport (blogger disclosure: Ford Motor Company paid for two nights at Westin DTW hotel for attendance at North America International Auto Show.)
I still need to write some articles about my trips to California’s Gold Country in Calaveras County and Tuolumne County and tell a bit more about Iowa. There are also many California articles on the page from the past couple of years.