The Hyatt Gold Passport email I received 15 minutes ago states Diamond Member exclusive. “As a Diamond member, you can enjoy an exclusive bonus when you purchase points:
Exclusive offer for our valued members: Enjoy up to a 40% bonus when you buy 5,000 or more points. Offer ends August 18, 2014.
- Purchase 5,000 to 19,000 points and receive a 20% bonus
- Purchase 20,000 to 39,000 points and receive a 30% bonus
- Purchase 40,000 to 55,000 points and receive a 40% bonus”
Hyatt points regularly sale for $24 per 1,000 points.
This offer for Diamond and Platinum elite members reduces the purchase price from $24 per 1,000 points. For a limited time until August 18 you can buy Hyatt points with up to 40% bonus points.
- 20% bonus – Purchase 6,000 to 22,800 points and pay $20.00 per 1,000 points.
- 30% bonus – Purchase 26,000 to 50.700 points and pay $18.46 per 1,000 points.
- 40% bonus – Purchase 56,000 to 77,000 points and pay $17.14 per 1,000 points.
The Daily Getaways offer in June had 40,000 Hyatt points for $373.50 ($9.34 per 1,000 points), but there were only 15 sets of points for sale. This offer is a nice promotion from Hyatt Gold passport with no mouse click competition to buy discount points. This is one of the best deals I have seen for Hyatt points purchases. Hyatt Gold Passport sometimes runs a 25% discount which reduces the cost of points to $18 per 1,000 points. Bonus points are a better deal since members buying points typically need a lot of points to get an extra night or two at a high cost hotel.