Radisson Blu Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota celebrates its first birthday on March 15, 2014. This was the second Radisson Blu to open in the USA after Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago opened in November 2011. Radisson Blu Warwick also opened in Philadelphia in 2013 and Radisson Blu Minneapolis will open next month upon completion of remodeling the first Radisson hotel Curtis Carlson bought into in 1960 and acquired sole ownership in 1962.
To celebrate, Mall of America has a Radisson Blu sweepstakes giveaway for a junior suite room and $100 gift card for FireLake Grill House.
How to Enter: Eligible individuals may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting http://www.mallofamerica.com/blog (the “MOA Blog”) and following the links and instructions for the Sweepstakes.
Enter the sweepstakes by signing up for Mall of America newsletter.
Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents 18 years or older of 50 US and D.C.
Entry Period: The Sweepstakes Period begins on March 3, 2014 at 8 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 17, 2014 at noon CT.
Enter to Win (Prize details)
Enter for your chance to win a one night stay at Radisson Blu Mall of America. Enjoy accommodations in a Junior Suite and dinner for two at FireLake Grill House in the form of a $100.00 FireLake gift card. Valid for a week night or weekend night stay, based upon availability at the time of reservation request. Must be redeemed and stay by May 31, 2014. To enter, scroll down and fill out the entry boxes below. Official Rules
Radisson Blu Mall of America Birthday Package
There is also a special rate Birthday package for a stay at Radisson Blu MOA during March including champagne and a freebie drink or dessert at FireLake Grill House and Cocktail Bar.
Join the Blu Birthday Celebration!
Book Radisson Blu Mall of America’s Blu Birthday package, and receive: One night stay in a superior guestroom for only $139 + tax per night for the month of March, plus a bottle of sparkling bubbles delivered to the guestroom upon arrival.
Learn more and book a stay here: http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-mall-of-america/offers/blu-birthday
Here are some achievements of Radisson Blu Mall of America in the past year:
1. The hotel has hosted over 127,000 guest stays.
2. They have hosted 4,762 wedding guests
3. Bell service has done over 600 shopping package pick-ups in Mall of America®
4. The shuttle service has made approximately 3,285 trips to and from MSP International Airport.
5. Hosted a number of notable VIPS including Vikings Hall of Famer Cris Carter, Actress Leah Remini, Author Sarah Palin, Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton, and more!
6. FireLake has hosted over 53,000 guests since opening
7. The top selling entrée at FireLake was the Rotisserie Chicken
8. The top selling dessert at FireLake was the Amish Malted Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
9. FireLake has sold over 2,100 bottles of Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon since opening day
10. Housekeeping has made over 150,000 beds
11. Housekeeping has folded approximately 840,000 bath towels
12. Concierge has handled around 78,000 requests.
13. Some of the most colorful requests concierge has handled were “Where do I size my custom snake boots?” and “Ma’am, I am going to need an ocean-view room!”
14. Radisson Blu Mall of America is currently the only hotel connected to Mall of America
15. Being connected to Mall of America, hotel guests have access to 27 rides and attractions at Nickelodeon Universe®, an indoor SEA LIFE® aquarium, 14 theatres at Mall of America®, a mini golf course, and restaurant choices for any appetite.
My first visit to Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota was two weeks ago today. Lots of kids, lots of rides, lots of shops.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.