Aruba will have a new luxury hotel when the Ritz-Carlton on Palm Beach opens tomorrow with 320 guest rooms including 55 suites, each room with a private balcony. The resort facilities include four restaurants, two swimming pools, a spa and casino.
As if the rates are not high enough, a stay at the Ritz-Carton Aruba is accompanied by 13.5% daily service charge and 9.5% tax and $3.00 per night environment fee. That is around an additional 24% on top of the $600+ starting level room rates.
These gnarly wind-shaped trees on the beach seem to be the primary image for the hotel in stories I have seen.
There are two Ritz-Carlton suites at nearly 2,400 square feet. The wraparound ocean view balcony of these suites has a private outdoor shower overlooking the sea.
Club Level Lounge on the 7th floor, top floor of the hotel will feature five daily presentations:
Club Level Lounge Presentations:
7 – 11 a.m. Breakfast
12 – 2 p.m. Lunch
2 – 4 p.m. Mid-day Snacks
5 – 8 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres
8 – 10 p.m. Desserts & Cordials
Kindly note additional charges apply for more than two guests per Club room.
There are five categories of the standard room based on ocean view.
Basic room at Ritz-Carlton Aruba is 550 square feet, about average for a standard room at a luxury hotel.
- Limited View – Offering a balcony with partial ocean views.
- Partial Ocean View – Offering Northern views of the Caribbean coastline and ocean.
- Ocean View – Facing North or South, offering views of the pool and courtyard with panoramic side views of the ocean.
- Ocean Front – Facing West, offering direct views of the ocean.
- Club – Located on the 7th floor, offering North, South or Western views of the Caribbean coastline and ocean.
Sample Rates Sunday, February 2-7, 2014 for five nights.
- King Partial Ocean View = $679/night.
- King Ocean View = $799/night.
- King Ocean Front = $999/night.
- Club Room = $1,399/night.
- Parlor Suite Coastline View = $1,399/night.
- King Executive Suite Ocean View = $1,579/night.
- King Club Suite = $3,200/night.
- Ritz-Carlton Suite = $4,200/night.
Rate Rules for lowest priced room King Partial Ocean View:
Holding Your Reservation
- We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room.
- To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 2,540.63 USD (your room charge plus tax for 3 night[s]) on January 19, 2014.
Canceling Your Reservation
- You may cancel your reservation for no charge until January 19, 2014 (14 day[s] before arrival).
- Please note that we will assess a fee of 2,540.63 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
This fee equals 3 night(s) of your room charge plus tax.
$4,234.38 for a five night February 2014 stay in the lowest category room.
That makes Marriott Rewards points look pretty valuable.
Marriott Rewards Hotel Category is Ritz-Carlton Tier 4 at 60,000 points per night.
240,000 points or $4,234 for King Partial Ocean View room.
$17.64 per 1,000 Marriott Rewards points is a great redemption value for points if beach life at Ritz-Carlton Aruba is your dream getaway.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.