Starwood Resorts are one of the priciest hotel redemptions in the hotel loyalty world with properties like W Retreat and Spa Maldives running standard redemption rates of 90,000 points per night.
SPG Paradise is Closer is a promotion for 35% discount redemption rates on points required for seven Starwood Resorts through March 1, 2014.
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, Portugal = 26,000 points per night (40,000).
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini, Greece = 39,000 points per night (60,000).
- Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection Resort, Dubai, UAE = 39,000 points per night (60,000).
- Le Meridien Bora Bora = 39,000 points per night (60,000).
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives = 58,500 points per night (90,000).
- Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand = 26,000 points per night (40,000).
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand = 26,000 points per night (40,000).
- 5th night free applies to this promotion. Pay discount points rate for four nights and get 5th night free.
SPG Paradise is Closer 35% off points reward stay to March 1, 2014.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: SPG link
- Offer only applies to the participating property’s most basic room category that can be booked using a Free Night Award redemption (which in some cases may include suites) and is subject to the participating properties existing SPG redemption policies.
- This offer cannot be reserved online and must be booked by calling the SPG Customer Contact center. Discounted Starpoints will be deducted from Member’s account at time of booking.
- 5th Night Free offer may be used in combination with this offer.
- Rooms reserved using Cash & Points, 50% off Awards, and Nights & Flights are not eligible.
- Award stays under this promotion will count towards the SPG Member reaching the Eligible Night and Eligible Stay milestones needed to earn elite membership status.
- Offer cannot be combined with other redemption promotions unless specifically permitted according to these terms and conditions.
- There is no limit on the number of times or nights a member may reserve using this special offer during the Promotion Period within the guidelines of SPG Free Night Award redemption.
- All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com.
- Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
My quick analysis reveals the Two European properties are probably not worth the award points price since the rates have dropped significantly after summer season.
Thailand seems to be decent value at 26,000 points per night with some 5-night stays at W Koh Samui running over $3,500 for a 5-night stay. That is a great redemption value around $35 per 1,000 points on a 5-night award stay for 104,000 points.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out my page of collated current hotel promotions.