The Big Win fall promotion from IHG running Sep 1 to Dec 31, 2013 can be a great value 50,000 bonus points offer for new members to IHG Rewards Club.
Customized offers means The Big Win hotel stay tasks are variable, however, this is the 50,000 bonus points offer for one of my family members who enrolled as a new IHG Rewards Club member through The Big Win link this morning.
Four paid nights over the next four months from September 1 – December 31, 2013 can earn 50,000 bonus points in IHG Rewards Club.
- Try One and Done – Stay one time and earn 1,000 bonus points.
- Stay More & Earn More – Stay 4 nights and earn 4,000 bonus points.
- Explore Our Brands – Stay at three different IHG brands and earn 10,000 bonus points.
- Book with Us – Book two separate stays with IHG through the website or mobile device and earn 2,000 bonus points.
- Win in a Weekend – Stay two Saturday nights and earn 8,000 bonus points.
- Win Big – Complete all five offers and receive 25,000 bonus points.
The Big Win = 50,000 Bonus Points in all for completing all five offers.
3 Stays, 4 Nights and 50,000 Bonus Points in IHG Rewards Club
The Big Win is one of the best offers of the year in hotel loyalty promotions for a new member who receives these same hotel stay tasks shown here.
This Big Win offer is achievable in as few as three hotel stays with a total of four paid hotel nights. Many IHG hotels in the Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites brands run rates under $75 in the fall, especially for weekend nights.
I look at this offer for 50,000 bonus points as a $300 to $350 rebate value on four paid hotel nights that can likely be done for about the same $300 to $350 hotel spend.
The top level hotel rewards in IHG Rewards Club are category 9 hotels at 50,000 points per night. Many of these hotels will run $300 to $400 per night.
PointBreaks are the lowest cost reward nights at only 5,000 points per night. The most recent list of PointBreaks hotels around the world was released yesterday with about 100 hotels available at 5,000 points per night for hotel stays through October 31. New PointBreaks hotels are posted around the last week before the current list of hotels expires. IHG PointBreaks hotels for 5,000 points per reward night have been a recurring promotion for several years.
IHG Rewards Club ‘The Big Win’ promotion will allow a member to earn ten or more free nights at PointBreaks hotels with the 50,000 bonus points after four paid nights.
IHG Rewards Club offers a good value incentive for new members to join and earn 50,000 bonus points this fall with only four hotel nights.
IHG Rewards Club hotel brands
- InterContinental Hotels – luxury brand
- Hotel Indigo – upscale brand
- Crowne Plaza – upscale brand
- Staybridge Suites – upscale extended stay brand (apartment style)
- Holiday Inn – upper midscale brand
- Holiday Inn Express – upper midscale brand
- Candlewood Suites – midscale extended stay brand (apartment style)
Market segments are based on STR and STR Global hotel rate data. This means the brands in the lower market tiers are likely to have lower rates.
The one main exception is some Crowne Plaza hotels in business center areas will have very low rates on weekends when there are few business travelers.
For example in the Silicon Valley of San Jose, California the Crowne Plaza hotels are often $300 per night on weekdays and then drop to under $80 per night for Friday and Saturday night stays.
IHG Rewards Club ‘The Big Win’.
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.