There is a new promotion today between Disney and American Airlines for the new movie Planes. Play a short video game and you can receive a 10% off American Airlines flight for up to two passengers within the USA or from the USA to anywhere American flies on its own metal around the globe.
There are only 100,000 of these AA 10% discount codes available.
American Airlines 10% Discount code rules:
- Promotion is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) or older at the time of entry
- Reward entitles the user to a 10% discount on a published round-trip or one-way fare.
- Booking period July 30 – August 31, 2013.
- Flight period August 15 – November 15, 2013.
- Travel valid from the U.S. 50 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada to any other city served by American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier, excluding codeshare flights, purchased on American’s AA.com® website beginning July 30, 2013 through and including August 31, 2013, for travel completed by November 15, 2013.
- The Reward requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold.
- The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges.
- Only one Reward may be used per reservation, for up to two people in the reservation.
- Round-trip travel is defined as travel from Winner’s city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations.
The promotion is scheduled for July 30 to August 6, 2013 or when all awards are awarded. This is a big indicator that a deal this good is to be sought out earlier rather than later. The 10% off codes might be gone well before August 6 if this promotion goes viral.
I assume virality is the promotion objective. Those folks at Disney are so clever.
We played and earned two 10% discount codes for myself and my wife’s American Airlines accounts. I went for all 24 icons and Kelley stopped at three. We both received the 10% AA discount award.
Submitting your name and email also gets an entry into an American Airlines sweepstakes trip.
By the way, I have been seeing lots of commercials for the movie Planes. I assume within the next three years I will be riding on a Planes ride in California Adventure Park at Disneyland.
Here is your promo code good for 10% off your next flight when you book on aa.com is the discount code I received instantly by email.
Don’t forget August 9th.
2. TO ENTER. The “American Airlines Sky Inspired Promotion July 30 – August 6, 2013” (“Promotion”) commences 11:59 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on July 30, 2013 and ends the earlier of: (i) 11:59 a.m. CDT on August 6, 2013; OR (ii) when all Rewards (hereinafter defined) have been awarded (“Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, complete an official entry form in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. CDT on August 6, 2013. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one entry per person.
Visit https://secure.fly.aa.com/disneyplanes and select your “character” and “explore” the on-screen icons featured in the virtual sky. Each icon will pop-up an overlay that will include factual information. One of the icons is the Reward seeded pre-designated icon (“Icon”). If you explore (interact) with that Icon you will be notified automatically on–screen that you have won a Reward. You will then be instructed to complete all required fields on the online entry form and submit as required.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Promotion is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) or older at the time of entry; provided, however, that entry cannot be made from a computer, mechanical device, or electronic device at a place of business in the State of Georgia. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. REWARD DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. Up to 100,000 Winners will each receive an AA.com® promotion code which can be redeemed for a 10% discount off Winner’s next flight purchased on www.aa.com, (the “Reward”). The promotion code is only valid for flights booked by August 31, 2013 for travel taken by November 15, 2013. Travel is not permitted between August 30, 2013 and September 2, 2013. The discount code is specific to winning entrant and can only be used once. When used according to its terms, the Reward entitles the user to a 10% discount on a published round-trip or one-way fare. Travel valid from the U.S. 50 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada to any other city served by American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier, excluding codeshare flights, purchased on American’s AA.com® website beginning July 30, 2013 through and including August 31, 2013, for travel completed by November 15, 2013. The Reward requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Only one Reward may be used per reservation, for up to two people in the reservation. Round-trip travel is defined as travel from Winner’s city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. For full terms and conditions about AA.com promotion codes visit aa.com/promotioncode. Winners are responsible for any and all costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Rewards that are not specified herein as being awarded.
5. ODDS. An Icon pre-designated by Sponsor is seeded for the Rewards. A total of one-hundred thousand (100,000) winning messages will be generated during the Promotion Period, one (1) for each Reward available to be won. Odds of winning will depend on time of entry and whether entrant interacts with the pre-selected Icon. If the entrant receives a winning message, the entrant will be deemed a potential Winner pending confirmation and verification of entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. AWARDING OF REWARDS. Rewards will be sent to Winners via the email address provided by Winner at time of Reward notification. If any Reward, Reward notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Reward will be forfeited. The Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Promotion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Reward constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Reward, Winners acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. In the event for any reason that a Winner meets the eligibility requirements stated herein but has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Reward will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Rewards are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Rewards are non-transferable. No cash redemption or Reward substitution allowed by a Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Reward of equal or greater value if advertised Reward becomes unavailable. Limit one Reward per person.
8. TAXES. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Rewards not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Promotion or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion; (b) the Promotion or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules; or (c) the Promotion is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Promotion or acceptance or use of any Reward or participation in any Promotion-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website; (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures; (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Promotion; (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information; or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. In the event the number of winning messages exceeds the number of Rewards listed in these Official Rules due to computer, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic seeding, or any other error, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from among the eligible non-suspect and valid winning message Reward claimants to award the number of Reward specified herein. In no event will more than the stated number of Rewards specified in these Official Rules be awarded. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Rewards awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNERS’ LIST. The names of the Winners will be supplied upon request by residents of MA, RI, TN & TX. To receive a list of the Winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: The Marketing Arm, Attn: American Airlines Sky Inspired Promotion July 30 – August 6, 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
12. ADMINISTRATOR. The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
13. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
Disney is not a sponsor.
AmericanAirlines, AA.com, American Eagle, and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A