The first thing I checked today was to see if Wyndham Rewards changed their points-to-miles transfer rate before writing this post. Looks like they have not changed the 2.5 points = 1 airline mile exchange rate today.
- 8,000 points = 3,200 miles
- 17,500 points = 7,000 miles
- 30,000 points = 12,000 miles
Who knows about tomorrow?
Daily Getaways offers for discount Wyndham Rewards Points
1pm ET today, Tuesday, July 2, five packages of Wyndham Points go on sale.
- 14,000 points = $84 or $75.60 with American Express payment. 500 sets. Maximum 2 per member. ($6.00 per 1,000 points or $5.40 with AmEx.)
- 32,000 points = $192 or $172.80 with American Express payment. 450 sets. Maximum 1 per member. ($6.00 per 1,000 points or $5.40 with AmEx.)
- 40,000 points = $240 or $216.00 with American Express payment. 440 sets. Maximum 1 per member. ($6.00 per 1,000 points or $5.40 with AmEx.)
- 60,000 points = $360 or $324.00 with American Express payment. 100 sets. Maximum 1 per member. ($6.00 per 1,000 points or $5.40 with AmEx.)
- 75,000 points = $450 or $405.00 with American Express payment. 200 sets. Maximum 1 per member. ($6.00 per 1,000 points or $5.40 with AmEx.)
Wyndham Rewards has the best points-to-miles transfer rate of any hotel loyalty program at the base level and after recent changes with Marriott and Club Carlson, Wyndham is probably the best points-to-miles program around, along with SPG. But I’d rather save SPG points for hotels.
Wyndham Rewards Airline partners
- American Airlines
- Southwest (8,000 WR points = 2,400 RR points)
- US Airways
- Air Berlin
- Czech Airlines
- Saudia (8,000 WR points = 2,000 miles)
- China Southern (2,500 WR points = 1,000 km)
- Air China
- China Eastern
- Hainan Airlines
Wyndham Points for Hotel Reward Nights
The rate of $54 per 10,000 points is low enough that thousands of hotels among the 7,000+ Wyndham properties around the globe will offer some discount.
I checked the Ramada Moab, Utah and the rate next week is $170 after tax. The cost for 20,000 points is $108 buying points in Daily Getaways. My July road trip from Monterey, California to Denver, Colorado will likely provide the opportunity to redeem some Wyndham points for discount hotel stays.
Wyndham points are good for those days when you are not quite sure where your sleep location will be for the night. I am fond of arriving at a Wyndham hotel and sitting in the lobby booking my reservation with points for a discount hotel night and walking over to the desk to pick up the key.
- Baymont Inn & Suites (midscale)
- Days Inn (economy)
- Hawthorn Suites (midscale)
- Howard Johnson (midscale)
- Howard Johnson Express (economy)
- Knights Inn (economy)
- Microtel Inn (economy)
- Ramada (midscale)
- Super 8 (economy)
- Travelodge (economy)
- Wingate by Wyndham (midscale)
The fact that Wyndham Rewards just adjusted its global hotel reward categories in March 2013 will likely mean the hotel reward rates showing on the website today will remain valid through the rest of 2013.
But you know what happens when you ASSUME.
Earn and burn.
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests.