At $1,099 per night, without a doubt, this St. Regis Bal Harbour hotel room is the most expensive hotel room I have ever stayed the night. And I am in the standard room. I tried using SPG suite upgrades, but apparently they are not allowed at this hotel.
I did not pay the $1,099 rate myself. The room here is a complimentary benefit of being a 2012 SPG Amex Star blogger for a free taste of Miami luxury.
You can stay here too for two free nights if you are the winner of 60,000 Starpoints from Loyalty Traveler courtesy of SPG American Express.
Although, I see next year the St. Regis Bal Harbour will have SPG peak season category 7 rates at 35,000 points per night from Dec 26, 2013 through Jan 4, 2014.
St. Regis Bal Harbour where every guest room has an Atlantic Ocean view.
How does every room have an ocean view?
There are no rooms on the west-facing sides of the hotel.
St. Regis Bal Harbour hotel is center building with two windowless walls viewed from Collins Avenue. The St. Regis residences are the left and right towers flanking the hotel building.
I will describe the hotel and room in separate blog posts.
How to enter the 60,000 Starpoints giveaway:
You can enter this giveaway through both Twitter and Loyalty Traveler blog. You are allowed one entry per method per day.
To enter on Twitter:
1. Follow @LoyaltyTraveleron Twitter.
2. Tweet your answer to the question “Which Starwood property is an aspirational property for you?”
3. Include @LoyaltyTraveler and hashtag #SPGAMEX in the tweet.
4. You can enter with a tweet once per calendar day 12:00AM California Time (PST) – 11:59PM PST. The contest will run through 12 noon PST Monday, December 31.
For example, an eligible tweet would be:
@LoyaltyTraveler St. Regis New York #SPGAMEX
To enter on the blog:
1. Leave a comment on this post to the question “Which Starwood property is an aspirational property for you?”
2. You can enter with a tweet once per calendar day 12:00AM California Time (PST) – 11:59PM PST. The contest will run through 12 noon PST Monday, December 31.
For example, an eligible post would be:
W Retreat & Spa Maldives
You have to be at least 18 years old and have an SPG account to be eligible to win. The winner will also have to complete an IRS W-9 form (ARV of prize is $1,500).
Winner will be selected at random.
Comfortable lounge chairs on the balcony deck of the St. Regis Bal Harbour.
My wife’s Tumi luggage enjoying the Bal Harbour Miami Beach view. Her bag has traveled to two more states than she has in 2012.