Hyatt Gold Passport introduced a new benefit in April 2012 allowing Gold Passport members to earn points for money spent at Hyatt operated restaurants and spa even when not a registered guest staying at the hotel.
A registered guest of the hotel can generally post all restaurant and spa charges directly to the room folio to earn points. The new feature here allows a Hyatt Gold Passport member not staying at the hotel the opportunity to earn points for restaurant and spa spend.
Restaurant and Spa Points as a Non-Guest FAQ
Here are the most relevant Hyatt FAQ regarding the restaurant program when you are not a guest at the hotel and you want to earn Hyatt Gold Passport points for restaurant, bar and spa spend.
Do I have to carry my HGP card to earn points in outlets?
No, a valid photo ID is required. If member does not know account number, Hyatt Associates at participating outlets can look up the Hyatt Gold Passport account number with name and email address or mailing address.
Do I need photo ID?
Yes, member is required to show photo identification to earn or redeem points in outlets (as they are when checking into a property).
How can I earn points for F&B and Spa when not staying at the hotel?
If member is a Hyatt Gold Passport (HGP) member and visit participating restaurants or spas, member will provide HGP account number to the Hyatt Associate at the outlet at time of payment to process the earned points (5 HGP points per $1USD) on eligible charges.
What is eligible for earning at restaurants and spas?
Eligible changes vary on a hotel-by-hotel basis, but generally include spa and salon services, spa and salon retail items, and food and beverage expenditures (except at outlets not operated by the hotel). Points will not be awarded on tips, service charges, taxes, gratuities and alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. (Alcohol excluded where prohibited by law). Other exclusions may apply.
Will any points count towards lifetime tier?
Points earned on eligible restaurant and spa charges (5 HGP points per $1USD) will count as base and therefore count toward earning Lifetime Diamond status. Any bonus points earned will not.
Do I receive my Platinum or Diamond tier bonus points on the base spend?
Yes, tier bonuses will be earned on eligible charges on visits to the restaurants and spas.
How will I know that I’ve received points for my meal or spa visit?
Member’s restaurant or spa receipt will display the HGP account number and eligible spend for point-earning. Member can also view activity on goldpassport.com, the outlet name will display along with the appropriate earned points.
Will any type of payment be eligible for guests to earn points in restaurants and spa?
Eligible forms of payment include cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Ineligible payment methods may include but are not limited to hotel House Accounts, charges settled by a company or organization, Hyatt Gold Passport dining and spa awards, room charges, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or hotel-specific gift card/certificates.
Six Months Into Hyatt Non-Guest Dining Program
The number of participating Hyatt hotels in the program has grown rapidly in the past six months. My initial survey April 4, 2012 showed low participation of hotels in the program with about 36 hotels listed worldwide.
Today there are 94 hotels in the USA, 4 hotels in Canada and 12 other international hotels participating in the restaurant dining benefit to earn points for spend as a non-guest of the hotel. This is about 75% of the full-service Hyatt Hotels in North America, but still only about 10% of international Hyatt properties.
About 40% of international hotels count the spa services spend for earning points.
Only 16 international hotels outside the USA at this date offer non-guest earning of Hyatt Gold Passport points through the restaurant dining benefit:
Hyatt Hotels participating in Hyatt Gold Passport points for dining as a non-guest
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory – Hyatt Hotel Canberra
- Gold Coast, Queensland – Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove
- Perth, Western Australia – Hyatt Regency Perth
- Calgary, Alberta – Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Vancouver, British Columbia – Hyatt Regency Vancouver
- Toronto, Ontario – Hyatt Regency Toronto
- Toronto, Ontario – Park Hyatt Toronto
People’s Republic of China
- Beijing – Grand Hyatt Beijing
- Hong Kong – Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
- Ningbo – Park Hyatt Ningbo
- Shanghai – Andaz Shanghai
- Phoenix, Arizona – Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Scottsdale, Arizona – Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
- Carlsbad, California – Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
- Huntington Beach, California – Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
- Irvine, California – Hyatt Regency Irvine
- Long Beach, California – Hyatt Regency Long Beach
- Los Angeles, California – Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
- Monterey, California – Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
- Newport Beach, California – Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
- Palm Springs, California – Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs
- San Diego, California – Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina – San Diego
- San Diego, California – Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego, California – Andaz San Diego
- San Diego, California – Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
- San Francisco, California – Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco, California – Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- San Francisco, California – Grand Hyatt San Francisco
- Santa Barbara, California – Hyatt Santa Barbara
- Santa Clara, California – Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
- Santa Rosa, California – Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and Spa
- West Hollywood, California – Andaz West Hollywood
- Westlake Village, California – Hyatt Westlake Plaza in Thousand Oaks
- Denver, Colorado – Grand Hyatt Denver
- Denver, Colorado – Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
- Denver, Colorado – Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center
- Old Greenwich, Connecticut – Hyatt Regency Greenwich
- Washington, District of Columbia – Hyatt Regency Washington D.C.
- Washington, District of Columbia – Park Hyatt Washington D.C.
- Washington, District of Columbia – Grand Hyatt Washington
- Bonita Springs, Florida – Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
- Clearwater, Florida – Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach
- Coral Gables, Florida – Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
- Jacksonville, Florida – Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
- Key West, Florida – Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
- Miami, Florida – Hyatt Regency Miami
- Miami, Florida – Hyatt Miami at The Blue
- Orlando, Florida – Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
- Sarasota, Florida – Hyatt Regency Sarasota
- Tampa, Florida – Hyatt Regency Tampa
- Tampa, Florida – Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Atlanta, Georgia – Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
- Atlanta, Georgia – Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- Marietta, Georgia – Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
- Savannah, Georgia – Hyatt Regency Savannah
- Honolulu, Hawaii – Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa
- Koloa, Hawaii – Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Chicago, Illinois – Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Chicago, Illinois – Park Hyatt Chicago
- Lisle, Illinois – Hyatt Lisle
- Schaumburg, Illinois – Hyatt Regency Schaumburg
- Lexington, Kentucky – Hyatt Regency Lexington
- Louisville, Kentucky – Hyatt Regency Louisville
- Baltimore, Maryland – Hyatt Regency Baltimore
- Bethesda, Maryland – Hyatt Regency Bethesda
- Cambridge, Maryland – Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina
- Boston, Massachusetts – Hyatt Harborside – Boston
- Cambridge, Massachusetts – Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Minneapolis, Minnesota – Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- St. Louis, Missouri – Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
- Incline Village, Nevada – Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
- Jersey City, New Jersey – Hyatt Regency Jersey City
- Morristown, New Jersey – Hyatt Morristown at Headquarters Plaza
- New Brunswick, New Jersey – Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
- Princeton, New Jersey – Hyatt Regency Princeton
- Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico – Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
- Buffalo, New York – Hyatt Regency Buffalo / Hotel and Conference Center
- Hauppauge, New York – Hyatt Regency Long Island
- New York, New York – Andaz 5th Avenue
- New York, New York – Andaz Wall Street
- New York, New York – Grand Hyatt New York
- Rochester, New York – Hyatt Regency Rochester
- Cleveland, Ohio – Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
- Columbus, Ohio – Hyatt Regency Columbus
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Hyatt at the Bellevue
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
- Greenville, South Carolina – Hyatt Regency Greenville
- Austin, Texas – Hyatt Regency Austin
- Dallas, Texas – Hyatt Regency Dallas
- DFW Airport, Texas – Hyatt Regency DFW
- DFW Airport, Texas – Grand Hyatt DFW
- Houston, Texas – Hyatt Regency Houston
- Lost Pines, Texas – Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa
- Richardson, Texas – Hyatt Regency North Dallas
- San Antonio, Texas – Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- San Antonio, Texas – Grand Hyatt San Antonio
- Park City, Utah – Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City
- Arlington, Virginia – Hyatt Arlington
- Fairfax, Virginia – Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes
- Herndon, Virginia – Hyatt Dulles
- Reston, Virginia – Hyatt Regency Reston
- Bellevue, Washington – Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s Eastside
- Seattle, Washington – Hyatt at Olive 8
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.