Loyalty Traveler readers have a chance to win a seat next to frequent flyer legend Randy Petersen (and founder of FlyerTalk, InsideFlyer, MilePoint and BoardingArea) on the StarMegaDO4 flights November 14-15, 2012 from San Francisco to Houston to Chicago.
You also have a chance to win the seat through 28 other blogs hosted on the BoardingArea.com site participating in this giveaway.
Comment on these Blogs for a chance to win (See this MommyPoints post for direct links to the comments page for each blog). The links below go to each blog, but not the “Win a Seat” post for that blog.
- One Mile at a Time
- Loyalty Traveler
- Flying With Fish
- Marshall Jackson on Travel
- Road Warriorette
- The Wandering Aramean
- Delta Points
- Points, Miles and Martinis
- Mommy Points
- Frequent Miler
- Pearls of Travel Wisdom
- Live from a Lounge
- The Cynical Traveler
- Plane ‘n Simple
- Miles from Blighty
- Getting Status
- Rapid Travel Chai
- Hack My Trip
- Just Another Points Traveler
- New Girl in the Air
- Point Me to the Plane
Honestly, I have never paid much attention to these chartered MegaDO flights where you fly around the country and have the opportunity to hang out with frequent flyer geeks and airline and hotel executives.
I did stay up until 2:30am one night in Girona, Spain talking to Platinum Traveller on the steps of the city cathedral. So, I also have the ability to geek out talking miles and points for hours and days.
To each their own.
I would certainly be happy to win the seat next to Randy Petersen and experience the StarMegaDo4 event, but as a Boarding Area blogger I am ineligible for the giveaway.
Here are links to all the pertinent information for this giveaway:
A reserved aisle or window seat next to Randy Petersen on the upcoming StarMegaDo 2012, hotel accommodations, and $250 for personal expenses!
Start reading these blogsand find out why BoardingArea is considered the home of all the best frequent/business travel bloggers.
Important Note:You must be able to get yourself to San Francisco on your own to start this trip and it looks like the trip ends in Chicago, so I guess you have to be able to get home again from Chicago.
Here are the official BoardingArea rulesfor this “Win A Seat with Randy Petersen” giveaway.
Here is the StarMegaDo4 schedule.
Loyalty Traveler Star MegaDO4 Giveaway Entry Question
Your opportunity to win the Loyalty Traveler portion of this giveaway is based on replying to the question below.
Share your opinion with a comment about the best hotel worldwide where either you have stayed or desire to stay.
The reason I ask this question is that I am frequently asked, “What is your favorite hotel in the world.”
I honestly do not have a favorite hotel.
When I was asked this question last week at a dinner in Blanes, Spain at a fine restaurant on the beach of Costa Brava, my reply was that I have had incredible experiences while staying at some hotels and those are the memories I cherish more than the actual memory of the hotel.
Winning the Star MegaDo seat
Loyalty Traveler will select a random winner and the Loyalty Traveler winner will be entered into a drawing among 29 BoardingArea.com blogger winners for two seats in this Randy Petersen giveaway.
I think that means there is only something like a 1 in 15 chance to win this trip, even if you do win the Loyalty Traveler portion of the giveaway.
One thing is for sure though. You have to enter on one or even all the BoardingArea participating blogs to have a chance to sit next to Randy Petersen on the StarMegaDo 2012.
- You must be 18.
- You can only enter one time for each Boarding Area blog participating in the giveaway.
- You must use an email when submitting your comment where you can be reached if you win.
- Contest comments entry period ends 11:59:59 pm MT October 7, 2012.
- Winner Selection: Two (2) winners will be chosen in a random drawing on Monday, October 8, 2012 from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period, as posted in the comments section of participating BoardingArea.com partnering blogs. The random drawing will be conducted by Randy Petersen, whose decision is final and binding in all respects. The winner will be notified via email within two (2) days after the selection is made. Each winner will have five (5) business days to reply confirming his/her acceptance of the giveaway seat. Failure to reply in the indicated time frame will declare that the seat has been refused and forfeited for all time and the first alternative entry will be chosen in random drawings as outlined above and provided the opportunity to claim the seat giveaway.
- Disclosure: And if I understand the rules correctly, Loyalty Traveler wins an iPad if one of the two seat winners is my commenter.
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.