Marriott Gift Card purchases for $100, $250 or $500 Gift Card denominations earn up to 12,000 Rapid Rewards points with Southwest Airlines during the August 1 through November 30, 2012 promotion.
12,000 Rapid Rewards points are worth $200 on ‘Wanna Getaway’ fares.
60 Rapid Rewards points = $1 fare credit.
The earn rate for Rapid Rewards bonus points is constant regardless of the Marriott gift card denomination so there is no points advantage to any specific amount of purchases. The promotion maximum limit is 12,000 Rapid Rewards points with $1,000 in Gift Card purchases.
- $100 Marriott Gift Card = 1,200 Rapid Rewards points bonus
- $250 Marriott Gift Card = 3,000 Rapid Rewards points bonus
- $500 Marriott Gift Card = 6,000 Rapid Rewards points bonus
This is a great deal for the frequent guest of Marriott hotel brands with a $200 rebate value in Southwest Airlines points for a $1,000 purchase.
Or you can spend in the low $100s and earn some bonus airline points and a Marriott gift card to pay for your next hotel stay.
Marriott Rewards and Southwest Rapid Rewards points
125,000 Marriott Rewards points = 50,000 Rapid Rewards points in a Marriott Rewards points-to-miles transfer.
Rapid Rewards members can choose to earn 600 points per stay at Marriott hotel brands. You can’t earn Rapid Rewards points for Ritz-Carlton stays and you might want to remove those Southwest Airlines luggage tags too before your RC lobby arrival.
Several other hotel loyalty programs also offer 600 Rapid Rewards points per hotel stay ($10 value). Southwest is a good program in that way with uniform earning across the chains.
Southwest Rapid Rewards points earning per hotel stay instead of hotel loyalty points is sometimes a better earning deal on a low cost stay that would otherwise earn few hotel points. Southwest $10 credit is often a better value than 500 miles with another airline choice or 200 Starpoints or 1,000 Marriott points.
Marriott Gift Card Offer and Terms and Conditions
- Marriott Gift Cards, purchased in $100 increments earn 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points, $250 increments earn 3,000 Rapid Rewards Points and $500 increments earn 6,000 Rapid Rewards Points, allowing a maximum of 12,000 points to be awarded during promotional period.
- This is an online promotion only and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Offer not valid on Marriott Gift Cards purchased on property, via 3rd parties or 1 800 813 GIFT.
- Promotion is valid August 1, 2012 through November 30, 2012 only.
- The Marriott Gift Card can be used for all purchases and services charged to a Marriott guest room folio.
- If you are not a registered hotel guest and are planning to use this card at a spa, restaurant, retail store, or other outlet, please confirm in advance that the Marriott Gift Card is accepted.
- The Marriott Gift Card cannot be used to guarantee a room reservation, but may be used as payment at check-out.
- Gift Card purchases earning Rapid Rewards Points are not eligible for return or refund.
- This is a limited time, limited inventory offer. Marriott Rewards points will not be earned with the purchase of the gift cards.
- Shipping and handling fees apply.
- $1 shipping option available to U.S. addresses only for orders less than $1,000 USD.
- Purchaser’s name must match Rapid Rewards account number to receive eligible points.
Loyalty Traveler original post link: http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea.com/2012/08/20/100-marriott-gift-card-earns-1200-southwest-points-to-nov-30-2012/
Ric Garrido, writer and content owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.